[Video Tutorials] How to Make TF2 Maps

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by Crash, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Xi.Cynx

aa Xi.Cynx Former Alias: †Blade†

Positive Ratings:
    Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like the overall aspect of the video was less of the minor details and more of the overall picture regarding the placements and workings behind health and ammo packs. Yes, he does mention that you want to be use to put a color patch under the packs, but the resizing of it could be considered a smaller less important detail that could be googled or found on here in no time. On the other hand, to take 10-15 seconds to mention this in the video also could've saved the user more time as well. Kind of a catch 22 now that I'm thinking about it.

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't talk about resizing them at all, I just showed myself doing it. Basically leaving it up to their discretion, but showing what I do. Once they try and it doesn't work, hopefully that will inspire some digging on their part, where they can learn more!

I won't pretend that was my original intention of not mentioning it, but it sure is a good excuse now.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Great music.

4. Stili_z301™

Stili_z301™ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    will you ever make a tutorial on particals?

5. SnickerPuffs

aa SnickerPuffs (*single chuckle*)

Positive Ratings:
    I assume he will either in this chapter or the next. Most likely in the next chapter though, as particles aren't as necessary in a map compared to health and ammo, or layout techniques.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Freyja

aa Freyja It hurt itself in it's confusion!

Positive Ratings:
    What do you need help with? There are plenty of tutorials out there for particles that aren't necessarily for TF2 but all the techniques work in TF2 still. I assume Crash will cover it eventually but his tutorial series is focusing on TF2 because there's a lack of specific TF2 tutorials.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIoKj00ROk4
    I've watched through this one, which is old, but everything works the same in TF2.

7. Abertura

Abertura L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've created my first playable map but I have a problem, I know how to upload it but I don't know how to convert it from a .vmf to a .bsp Any help?

8. Svode

aa Svode Take a Chance on Me

Positive Ratings:
    Compiling the map turns it into a .bsp, or map file. Check your tf/maps folder for the map, and upload that.