Today's update will be live...

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I wish the Heavy had something like the Bugle. Teammates would stand by him and protect him in exchange for mini-crits as he pushes forward and his survivability without a medic would improve a lot.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I kinda like this update all in all. A demoman is me, I know I'll use the sword and sheild combo for more than a couple of weeks, just to get the ball rolling, see how I do etc etc. The new stickybomb launcher, I'll try to use, it might be useful in some places (corner of the entrance to the sewers, then some more behind the next corner) it gives you a second defence, a safer retreat if you're being held in.

KaiserFate

L69: Deviant Member
Dec 9, 2009
Very interesting that the Demo is going to have to choose between a Targe, which will change his gameplay dynamic, and the Scottish Resistance. With the Resistance he won't be able to do crit hits with the Eyelander so there will be an interesting divergence amongst demo players. On the other hand, the Soldier will most likely make like most of the other classes and swap all his equipment for the new stuff - I will be, anyway.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
So the new sticky launcher and the shield are both replacements for the normal sticky launcher? Did i get that right?

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
So the new sticky launcher and the shield are both replacements for the normal sticky launcher? Did i get that right?

I hope not D:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The Bugle will be interesting. Because the soldier normally gets the kills of his own accord, without his shotgun, he's so vulnerable it's rediculous. The thing is, a soldier recieves so much flak other classes can't stand to be around him, he's such a powerful loner class, having him rely on team mates for support is generally only asking for trouble that you'd otherwise not have.

But, this has been play tested so we'll just have to wait and see. If anything, i guess it's a way to rack up those assists.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I have to say, soldiers are a loner class, but this is Team Fortress 2, maybe Valve saw that, and wanted to integrate the soldier as a team member again on public play? It's always soldiers who get pocket medics and things, bad pocket medics don't heal the rest of the team either, at least some will quickly heal those around and then get back to the soldier.

Feb 14, 2008
No, he specifically said it wouldn't be in this update. Don't confuse the two :p

He said it was probably in the update after this one, with a few other maps and a new theme right?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
He said it was probably in the update after this one, with a few other maps and a new theme right?

Captain Chaos: I'm not sure what the theme will be yet, we're going to make a new theme after this update

Captain Chaos: well we're going to put out a few new maps in that update, so they may all use the theme

That's all he said, and "that update" was not in reply to one mentioned by someone. He was just implying the update that his map will be in.
I mean sure, the engineer update is a likely candidate, but we need to keep facts and assumptions straight ;)

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I want my update now it'll help win the war.
Also it looks like areospace is coming official looking at background of the soilders update.

Last edited:

Nutomic

Feb 7, 2009
As someone else said in another thread, valve never used a custom map as background for their update pages (except those particularly for that map itself). Highly doubt they will change it this time.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Anyone still confused about the state of Dario's 3 stage PL map, It has not yet been playtested once, all the TF2 team are too busy with the current update!

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
These new weapons are exciting and something I want to try out, but for me the best thing they could do is put in another Attack/Defend map that I'll enjoy as much as Dustbowl.

Nutomic

Feb 7, 2009
Doesnt walkway always need cheats enabled to work? Or can you disable it without getting problems? Never tried it.