Today's update will be live...

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Well, now they actually HAVE shown us the Gunboats. The war is over.

They don't mention any side-effects to these rocketjump-resistant boots. One would think they might slow you down a little bit, but the real drawback might be losing whatever weapon you traded for it. Probably the shotgun.

(wouldn't it be funny if you traded the rocket launcher?)

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
<hops up and down in smug anticipation as an average of 330 kilobytes per second comes down the line>

BTW, I've made no secret of it: CHANGE YOUR STEAM DOWNLOAD LOCATION TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.
  • Go here
  • Click "View individual server statistics"
  • Find an low-load area
  • Go to steam settings
  • Go to the downloads tab
  • Temporarily change your region

The benefit of avoiding the congestion is far higher than the downside of the long distance the packets travel, especially since this is bulk non-interactive data.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Oddly enough I'm downloading. Must have snuck in with the first batch, sorry for everyone who will have to wait now.

Also, from the update news:
Added 2 new game startup songs.
(I'm hoping one is the intro to Meet the Spy.)

And another interesting update:
Added work-in-progress TF Bots for beta testing in KOTH maps (blog post coming with more info)

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
I'm hoping for some kind of extra update day tomorrow for some sort of good ending to the comic. This supposed one didn't really give me any sort of closure to the story.

If this were to happen, then we might possibly also see a new meet the team video.

/optimism

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
One of the songs is a variation upon Meet The Demoman.

BTW, while the new "Damage Done" indicators are probably more for blind folks, I find them VERY useful already.

Stability, however... not so high today.

Jack Riguel

Jul 19, 2009
Yeap. "Intruder Alert" (intro spy theme) and "Drunken Pipe Bomb" (Meet the Demo theme) have been included.

Also, ctf_doublecross has the "Meet the Spy" alert panel, that apparently also lights up when "INTELLIGENCE" "HAS BEEN" "CAPTURED"

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
You just got dominated, Bilbo Baggins!
You just got dominated, Bablo Biggins!
You just got dominated, ...

Jack Riguel

Jul 19, 2009
OMG. Tenth class is a hippe. :D

Actually, in all truth, what is up with those lines? Are they just in-general Domination lines, or are they in relation to one of the classes. I have yet to hear on in game...