To people who dig into things and leave holes

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
If you are digging through solid ground and run into non-natural blocks, don't dig through them. If your curiosity is too great, you could at least perform the courtesy of repairing the hole afterward. If you don't have the blocks and the blocks are not retrievable when broken, don't do it. This goes doubly so for tunnels in the nether carefully crafted and decorated to create a safe passage.

If I ever find someone leaving holes in stuff they didn't make, you can expect to find a red gift with white ribbon next to a pressure plate next time you return to your house.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well i'm wondering what the hell happened to any of the rules put in place. It seems no one has paid any attention to any form of social etiquette let alone server rules.

• There are hovering trees every where people have harvested only the base of tree trunks.
  • There are blown up structures everywhere so obviously there has been some form of griefing or people just not clearing up after themselves.
  • There are massive fucking mountain castles right next to the spawn area.
  • Scars all over the landscape in general.
  • Random towers.
  • Sky islands/buildings.
  • Random glass buildings over the water.

I supported the idea of a new world for 1.9 and at this rate i can't wait because our server is a certified mess right now where people have systematically ignored all of the server "don'ts" to the degree where it feels like it was done on purpose.

Last edited:

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
If you are digging through solid ground and run into non-natural blocks, don't dig through them. If your curiosity is too great, you could at least perform the courtesy of repairing the hole afterward. If you don't have the blocks and the blocks are not retrievable when broken, don't do it. This goes doubly so for tunnels in the nether carefully crafted and decorated to create a safe passage.

If I ever find someone leaving holes in stuff they didn't make, you can expect to find a red gift with white ribbon next to a pressure plate next time you return to your house.

I stand by this and will supply the TNT.

TheKieranator

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 6, 2011
Most likely, tree bases missing = Endermen! :cursing:
I live in a small house at the base of the mountain with the 'big fucking castle' on it - was certainly surprised to see it there. Very distracting.
I also want to see bad people's houses get blown up. KARMA-BOMB!

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
The server doesn't need retaliatory griefing ontop of existing grief, it needs people not to be arse holes from the very beginning.

Also, i'll be very surprised if an enderman specifically removed the 3 base pieces of a tree, on a group of 8 trees. They're not really that dynamicly active and tend to move around so much that they wont ever end up moving 2 adjacent blocks.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Why would you remove the bottom tree block instead of the one at eye level?

Endermen really do a lot of harm. I've seen it happening and been pissed. Notch made a mistake with that one, glad he's reversing a lot of it.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Yes sometimes people are lazy and will leave floating trees. But lately it seems to be much more common, and I'm more prone to blame enderman. That and creepers man, creeper leaving craters. If it weren't for enderman and creepers...

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Then Minecraft would be easy peasy ;)

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Why would you remove the bottom tree block instead of the one at eye level?

...Also, i'll be very surprised if an enderman specifically removed the 3 base pieces of a tree, on a group of 8 trees. They're not really that dynamicly active and tend to move around so much that they wont ever end up moving 2 adjacent blocks.

I'm not talking about the bottom piece, i'm talking half the trunk of a tree up to the canopy. But yes, i'm starting to see the trouble with endermen but some of it is obviously "man made" trouble as well.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
...and what do I find today when I get on? Someone removed the iron door from my suicide booth and didn't replace it.

1. The sign says suicide booth. Don't go in if you don't want to die.
2. There is a chest for putting your things in while you die, that you could have used if you weren't sure.
3. If you go in anyway and see that, surprise, it really is a suicide booth, put the damn door back after you break out.

Maybe I was wrong thinking TF2M people would be good, and I should just give up on multiplayer and start a fresh singleplayer world.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
i don't know but if i did know i'd certainly give him a firm handshake and a werther's original