PL Tibet a27

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Freyja updated Tibet with a new update entry:

Alpha 18
What's this? A wild tibet update?? It's been so long

Alpha 18
- Yes 18 I know the last version was 15 there has been a lot of internal versions
- Reworked everything past 2nd point pretty much
- Look I'll be honest it's been like 3 years and a global pandemic and beating cancer again since the last version I legit can't remember what I've changed
- I hope Ravage still likes what this map is becoming

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
tibet_a18a push time:

1671413751421.png

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
Hey Freyja,

Nice to see it is still alive after all those years, think I worked on that map since 2014, crazy how time flies.

I have to say I really like the turn you've taken on point C, the feeling of progression is way better the way it is right now. Overall I think the map is pretty solid now, I would say your biggest issue right now is the pacing of the map and chokepoints positions.
pl_tibet_a190011.jpg

Imo in A/D maps reds should never be able to push back into the blue zone, there are many ways to do it, being sure spawn points are close enough, areas with one side ways etc, where you want the players to fight is in the yellow zone and red zone during a good push, my vision of what make tf2 fun is when your cart is at one inch of the capture point and the whole red team is trying to prevent it to being captured, all the rest of the map is just here to lead to that point and is kinda useless, most of the fights should happen pretty close to the capture point.

Imo the level is good this way, progression feeling is great, overall structure of the map makes sense, your work should be on preventing the red team to push too far from their capture point, overall the points need better sentry nest, and it needs a good work on respawn times/distances.

I saw there are many respawn rooms, you could think how to cut somes and repurpose the good ones to switch them into forward respawns room once points are captured. I tried to do that on the first BLU respawn with the door opening on the side, imo it worked great and you should try to keep it that way since I feel blue had to walk too much to get to the fight area, RED usually can push too far away here it seems.

BTW that upper deck from last spawn to first CP is super good, it really adds to the progression of the map, I just think you should not be allowed to have such a big back path, make it a closed deck only for the sake of that progression feeling.

Overall some ideas :

pl_tibet_a190000.jpg
pl_tibet_a190003.jpg
pl_tibet_a190004.jpg
pl_tibet_a190006.jpg
pl_tibet_a190007.jpg
pl_tibet_a190008.jpg
pl_tibet_a190009.jpg
pl_tibet_a190010.jpg

I'm pretty happy with what you've done to fix the third CP which was by far the worst, and I really like the fact you kinda stick to my original dev mapping style ^^, hope those 45° weren't that hard to work with.

Good job, i'd love to play it if there are some playtests.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009

Alpha 21

Alpha 21:
- Added a second shortcut exit for blue spawn approach on B
-- Improved the existing exit as well, blocking a sightline on it and offering more counterplay for blue
- Reworked all the logic so spawns should work properly, or at least easier for me to fix!
- Replaced all the cart track nodes so the cart doesn't float at random points
- Clipped that perch spot that 'punk rock snep gf' always finds - I see you, and I will find you
- Moved med health and big ammo near the bridge to the...

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009

Alpha 22

Alpha 22:
- Reworked blue and red forward spawn for Point B/C
- Removed blu shortcut for attacking B. Blu respawn time has been reduced after capturing point A to compensate. Trying it out.
- Shifted around final a bit to rework the routes attacking it.
- Added a big new balcony for blu to attack B, accessed from A.
- Tweaked health/ammo pickups

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009

Alpha 25

Alpha 25
- Raised C bridge slightly to further restrict sightlines across the bridge
- Dropdown near C now closes after B is capped to help move combat line back
- Removed erroneous clip
- Reworked some of the interor of A-B connector to improve flow for blue and allow them easier access to the bridge
- Attacking C now has an additional 60 seconds and attacking final an extra 90 - subject to tweaking
- Moved some pickups around
- Waterfall no longer solid. Woopsie.
- Red shortcut door now...