The Hatless Update

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Now what does the flamethrower have over the backburner other than more airblasts (which most BB users don't really care about anyway)?

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Now what does the flamethrower have over the backburner other than more airblasts (which most BB users don't really care about anyway)?

Nothing special over BB than amount of airblast, that i think is fine as BB has now it's uses but doesn't replace Degreaser or normal flame in usefulness.

Dragonstorm24

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2009
I'm wondering is anyone actually going to be a coach and are they going to give benefits to players who are in the future.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Flamethrower does "base" flamethrower damage (since it's the default weapon), can airblast frequently, and has 6 seconds of afterburn.

Backburner does more damage, crits from behind, has 6 seconds of afterburn, and now can airblast but much less frequently.

Degreaser can do everything the base flamethrower can PLUS it offers fast weapon switching at the cost of having only 4 seconds of afterburn.

Really, as a pyro, you'd want to choose between backburner or degreaser. There really is no reason to choose the default flamethrower except for "don't have the backburner or degreaser."

Personally, I'm really happy with the unlocks now in comparison to one another. They both are pretty firmly in sidegrade territory. The default flamethrower however could use a tiny uptweak. Maybe an extra 2 seconds of afterburn or airblasts that cost 16 instead of 20 (an extra two blasts per full ammo capacity). Then you'd have three weapons that are all very good sidegrades to one another.

Kep

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Degreaser can do everything the base flamethrower can PLUS it offers fast weapon switching at the cost of having only 4 seconds of afterburn.

-25% burn damage
So instead of 60 damage over 10 seconds, he does 45 damage over 10 seconds.

Yeah it's even less of a downside than what you described.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I was going crazy with the flare today. All I would have to do was flare, airblast into a direction I knew the enemy was going, flare, and half the time that person was dead. I really pissed off a lot of scouts bahaha.

OlafK

L2: Junior Member
Sep 12, 2009
Backburner update would be ok if it's airblast could only extinguish team mates.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Intelligence no longer appears on the backs of players who are carrying it.
---------

What does that mean? You can't see the intel on the carrier? How are you supposed to know who to stop?
you can still seen the 'trail' in their wake.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
The big briefcase on the players' backs were extremely noticable and helpful. It was like holding a sign saying "I HAVE YOUR SHIT LOL COME GET ME". It should have stayed. Now it'll be a lot harder to determine who to stop. So is the case particularly for newer players.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Im really hoping that when it says case is not on back it means case is now held in hand.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I want to talk face-to-face with whoever decided to remove the intel model. And by 'talk' I mean punch. And by 'face-to-face with' I mean in the stomach.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
After they went to the trouble of adding those glowing skins to the intel so it would be easier to notice (despite also looking pretty stupid), this must be an accident.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
"Hey guys let's hide the kart while it's being pushed, too" "okay Robin just don't fire us"