The Gun Mettle Update is (Actually) Here!

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Didn't know where else to post this but for those who do not know there were 6 new sounds added, which are all turbine generator sounds named "turbine1-6" and a number of props. The props can all be found in the props_powerhouse folder.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
As I said in the Steam chat, I'm excited to use blinds in my next map.

arrrghghgh

Turbo Lover

Fight me under Glasgow Central Station
aa
Feb 15, 2011
d9fd222f39.jpg

b25363bf7e.jpg

Wow. These look really dumb. That first one looks like a gun from Borderlands.

Dec 28, 2014
My video on it:

Has there still really been no clarity from Valve with what happens to these maps when the 3 months is over? I can't imagine them removing them from the official map rotation since I imagine that would cause a shitstorm with the community. I would hope they just become normal official maps and Valve adds map stamps for them to the store when the campaign is finished.

Maybe someone should email Valve and ask them to clarify?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
I personaly didn't like the change made to the pocket pistol.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Did you spot the Asteroid stuff in Powerhouse? That was a nice touch.

And red and blue pipes, and official red cinderblock walls, and red turbines that actually spin, and Venetian blinds, and a pencil and clipboard and a new computer bank thing, and some stuff they forgot to nodraw.

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
Did you spot the Asteroid stuff in Powerhouse? That was a nice touch.

And red and blue pipes, and official red cinderblock walls, and red turbines that actually spin, and Venetian blinds, and a pencil and clipboard and a new computer bank thing, and some stuff they forgot to nodraw.

There's also a stapler and a glass of orange juice (sans glass).

Mar 23, 2013
can anyone tell me how I inspect my weapon? There isn't an option at the keybindings, so how can I bind it with console?

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
can anyone tell me how I inspect my weapon? There isn't an option at the keybindings, so how can I bind it with console?

I was able to do it a few times using my INSPECT key. Then it stopped working. May have been because I was playing MVM at the time.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Hold down whatever key you have bound to "inspect" (default is f)

Prolyfic

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 19, 2014
Aaaaand the game's unplayable on OS X. Literary. It crashes as soon as a map loads. It's happening because of a memory leak that's been crashing the game for 2 months now, except I could play one map just fine. Now it's just an instacrash.

No ♥♥♥♥ing way I'm trowing my money at those ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s at Valve. How did this get past testing? HOW?

Already send then a not too friendly email, now we wait.

Same "instancrash" for me... :thumbdown:

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
-When I joined koth_suijin, this happened. Probably just a server/rare client error, but Freyja!

2015_07_02_00010.jpg

2015_07_02_00014.jpg

Pretty sure that has to do with the assets still being packed rather than localised. Happens sometimes when map switching, most noticeable on suijin because of all the custom content!