TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2017 72 Hour TF2 Jam!

pi-ka

L1: Registered
Jul 23, 2017
I can't wait to start making a maze like arena map... could I start sketching the layout on paper?

DarreMo

Jun 13, 2017
Looking forward to making my first map in this event.

*questions sanity already*

Edit: I have an idea for the layout already, can someone give me a theme?

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Welp, it looks like it's time for some SFM practicing before the jam so i can create the best (i can do) artwork, an i'm really excited for this years event (and hopefully not be last) tf2 jam i will (try to) join.

And If nothing suprising happens and makes me unable to attend, i should be ready and happy, Good luck to everyone attending

EDIT: By using my greatest (worst) skills in time converter, it looks like i will have to start (3pm GMT august 4th 2017) and end (3pm GMT august 7th 2017) so i would start at 6pm finland time and end in 6pm finland time.

Ps. Void, you can double check this if you want to make sure i'm in right time (my time is EEST Helsinki finland) (i have never used time converter before)

That should be fine, I'll put you down for that time. Happy Jamming!

How do I enter the normal jam? Do I just say "I'd like to do X"?

If that's the case, then I'll be making a gigantic MVM template library for a lot of non-standard bot designs, like the Direct Hit,Vaccinator, ect that people like using but allways have to steal sombody else's or build thier own from scratch...

All you need to do to enter is submit your entry to the 72hr category of the Downloads section in one way or another. Be sure you abide to the time limit unless otherwise scheduled.

okay, thanks, but this is the first time I'm entering, I've only been mapping for about a week.

You can sketch a layout ahead of time and it'll be fine. Hold any actual brushwork until the Jam, though. You can try things out in Hammer, but you'll need to remake what you do when the Jam starts so as not to have a head start.

spirit__soul

Aug 2, 2017
Yo, can anyone help me?

While donating to red kite I get the error message "152 Account not set up to accept credit card transactions for the supplied credit card type null"

Ixy

L2: Junior Member
Jan 29, 2016
Just out of curiosity, what's the official Twitter hashtag for the Jam? #tf2jam or . . . other?

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Yo, can anyone help me?

While donating to red kite I get the error message "152 Account not set up to accept credit card transactions for the supplied credit card type null"

Please hold off on donations. We have a specific page set up for our drive that will go live with the Jam.

Just out of curiosity, what's the official Twitter hashtag for the Jam? #tf2jam or . . . other?

I believe #tf2jam is correct.

King Unicorn

Jul 11, 2017
ooh boy can't wait to do this on friday. first jam i'll do, so hopefully i can make something at least decent. Let's put all of my art and photography skills to the test by throwing a lot of effort into another SFM. Oh and i plan on streaming it so heres the stream link
https://www.twitch.tv/king_unicorn15

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
Did anyone else just realise "Oh shit that's tomorrow"

Yes and yesterday was "Oh shit that's in two days" and a day before yesterday I was like "Oh, man that's in three days" and two days before yesterday I was like "... EEEEEEEEEEEEH I still have four days to prepare!"

MicroManiac

Jun 30, 2017
Yes and yesterday was "Oh shit that's in two days" and a day before yesterday I was like "Oh, man that's in three days" and two days before yesterday I was like "... EEEEEEEEEEEEH I still have four days to prepare!"
Yes...

TheNeiljoseph

Feb 8, 2017
Looks like I got plans for this Jam. Also, good luck to anyone who can help Freyja in her recovery. Kindness comes in great packages, man.

Lovres

Level -1: Prenatal Member
Jan 25, 2015
Hey I know it's a little late, but is it all goods if I start and finish this 24 hours early?

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Hey I know it's a little late, but is it all goods if I start and finish this 24 hours early?

Yup, that's fine! Happy Jamming!

And speaking of Jamming - the Charity Drive is now public and open!

summer2017_donate_warning_fix.png

Last edited: