TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Are you allowed to update the map afther the jam? Also how to message you?

Yes, you can update after the jam. To message me, click my profile picture and then click "start a conversation".

A google drive link is fine, so long as it's submitted as a download. You can use the "Other Resources" category to create a download without a file.

Cool Dakota

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2016
Okay, well, Red can't win at all, the match timer ends but BLU can still cap and win. @killohurtz can you help with that, too?

Last edited:

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Okay, well, Red can't win at all, the match timer ends but BLU can still cap and win. @killohurtz can you help with that, too?

Since Red is restricted from winning by owning all the control points in the team_control_point_master, you need another entity - game_round_win - to handle Red's win conditions. Create one of these, give it a name, set the Team to Red, and the other two fields to Yes. Then go to your team_round_timer entity and add this output:

OnFinished | name of game_round_win | RoundWin

That will cause Red to win when the timer reaches zero. Also, your team_round_timer should have "Reset time on round restart" set to Yes.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014

Cool Dakota

Jul 14, 2016
Since Red is restricted from winning by owning all the control points in the team_control_point_master, you need another entity - game_round_win - to handle Red's win conditions. Create one of these, give it a name, set the Team to Red, and the other two fields to Yes. Then go to your team_round_timer entity and add this output:

OnFinished | name of game_round_win | RoundWin

That will cause Red to win when the timer reaches zero. Also, your team_round_timer should have "Reset time on round restart" set to Yes.
Alright, I'll do that, go in, and make sure it works. Thank you, again!

Elizabeth

L2: Junior Member
Jan 16, 2016

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Im content with this
ctf_zahnnpower_72hr_a20033.jpg

http://tf2maps.net/downloads/zahnnpower_72hr.1826/

EksCelle

Mar 4, 2015
i guess we're posting our entries in the thread too? here's mine:
http://tf2maps.net/downloads/subtransit.1960/

I really just used this opportunity as an excuse to experiment with porting a half-life map. (note to self: dont do it again) I learned a lot from it though. Spending most of my hours fixing the train, I am now confident in my path_track skills. And while my random spawns worked, their execution was poor. I might reuse the logic some day, maybe for an arena map?

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
48 hours of pure .txt writing. It might be TOO gimmicky to even get something, i'm not 100% sure. http://tf2maps.net/downloads/the-real-calamity.1745/

Gone through 7 versions (one wasnt published). Most of them were done in first 5 hours, thank you, Ctrl, C and V.