This year I had a lot less time than last year. First I wanted to recreate the office building I work in, but with alterations so the gameplay is actually tolerable; it was a huge pain in the ass so I ended up scrapping it.
I still wanted to make a map, so learning from last year I came up with some rules for myself to be really efficient:
- koth map, symmetric, i just have to do 1 cp and 1 spawn and mirror it
- open areas, let the skybox do the lighting work
- no textures
- no displacements
- no prop doors
- no caring about overlapping brushes and other minor cosmetic problems
- no worrying about sightlines
- no worrying about gameplay
I did this in about 6 hours. It's a tiny koth map, probably too small, but it works, and if I ever get around to playtesting and polishing it, it might even turn out to be fun in its own way (probably not).
All feedback is very much appreciated!
A Boojum Snark's Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack