TF2Maps.net New Site Information Mega Thread

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Posts lists posts that you have not read, so it would not list your post because you have read it.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Did this ever happen? This would be expected behavior to me.

Yes, this was how I used to go back to check posts I'd just made. Always happened that way. With the new forum, it stopped.

Actually maybe I always used "Today's Posts" instead... there is no option for that on the new forums. Out of habit, I always went to the last thing on the forum list, which used to be "Today's Posts" and now is "New Posts."

Also, quoting the part of my post that was more important IMO for the new page :p

I guess since I never heard a response, that moving the subforum names to the right to make them more visible isn't an option.

DyWKk6W.jpg

Can we get these outlined, or in a different colour, or at least bold? I have tremendous difficulty reading these (mild dyslexia), whereas I didn't on the old forums because they weren't in tiny letters bunched up with the author, date, etc info.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
When I have no new posts there is a link to all recent posts. Seems like that's the same thing, but buried a bit.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
If you press New Posts, on the right there's a "Recent Threads" button that will show new posts you've made too.

I'm working on the forum list thing

EDIT: Done, lemme know what you think.

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
If you press New Posts, on the right there's a "Recent Threads" button that will show new posts you've made too.

I'm working on the forum list thing

EDIT: Done, lemme know what you think.

OMG, thank you so much. Much better!

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
At the top, under the TF2Maps logo. You can mark the subforum you're in (or all of them, if you're on the front page) read.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Why do I have to click so many buttons to get to a map's screenshots in the map factory? The old system of a single main post with change log and screenshots and discussion thread all in one is so much simpler than this current sea of buttons. It doesn't make any sense.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I agree that the screenshots should be more incorporated into the first post if at all possible.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Why do I have to click so many buttons to get to a map's screenshots in the map factory?

It's one button press extra if you want to see screenshots, and even then only if the thread is still in its first page. Anyway, I've updated it so the content of the first post for all new download postings is a direct copy of the overview, with the exception of the uninserted attachments box. You'll have to live with the extra click for the old threads unless their authors update them though.

Last edited:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
In the discussion section you show me a screenshot on the top left. Let me click on it and have it show the rest.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I use Firefox - the alerts bar works fine after a normal page back event. :S
OK, just so we're on the same page: I'm talking about mousing over the alerts when I'm on a thread page — thus popping up a box with the most recent activity and clearing the number — and then mousing over it again from a cached page where it still has the number. If you do this, does it (A) still have the number when you go back, and if so, (B) pop up the box and clear the number a second time as one would expect?

Erilis

L2: Carpets, Travel Goods & Bedding
Dec 24, 2008
Just want to say the new site looks great and I really like the design and functionality of the resource/download pages. The overview, download and discussion are now all more seamlessly combined now.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Just looked over the OP again to find out about importing my maps, and uh

IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING MAP THREAD IN THE WORKSHOP SUBFORUM AND .
...And what? If you have an existing map thread in the workshop subforum and here's a million dollars? If you have an existing map thread in the workshop subforum and here's your own spaceship? There's clearly a decent amount of information that's missing here.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Just looked over the OP again to find out about importing my maps, and uh

...And what? If you have an existing map thread in the workshop subforum and here's a million dollars? If you have an existing map thread in the workshop subforum and here's your own spaceship? There's clearly a decent amount of information that's missing here.

It's supposed to say, if your map already has a thread, upload it into the Import Queue category (which suppresses the automatic creation of a new thread).

I wrote a more detailed guide for importing over here - it's meant for importing other peoples' things, so feel free to do whatever you want for the tagline/description/etc. for your own stuff.