TF2Maps.net New Site Information Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Featured News' started by Fr0Z3nR, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    Fixed. Some of the permissions went a little sideways in the move, I've gone through the entire forum list and checked them now
    Seems to be working here, what's wrong?
    Threads in the archive do get moved to the "Already Imported" forum once they're moved out of the import queue on the new site (provided I remember to run the query that does it). There's no way of marking anything in the "Downloads" section as ported.

I believe it might also be you with the thread we fucked up and accidentally permanently deleted during importing? Which I still need to try fix.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    I was trying to preview my gameday thread draft to make sure I'd got the BB code right ahead of time and when I clicked Preview nothing happened.

Just now I previewed my post and it worked. Then I copied the gameday draft into here and tried to preview and it didn't work. I took it out and tried to preview again and now it doesn't work at all even though it's back to how it was when it was working.

3. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    I think the [wtb] BB Code does that for reasons - not sure there's much I can do to fix it.

4. CommodoreKong

aa CommodoreKong

Positive Ratings:
    Yep I can reply to threads their now, thanks.

5. Kube

aa Kube Soon it will be different

Positive Ratings:
    When I Quote a post that has been edited, the text that pops into the reply box for the Quote is the original post rather than the edited one.

Edit: Wait, checking it out again...

Edit edit: Nevermind, it seemed to be a one-time issue (maybe the person updated their post while I was on the page? I'm guessing editing your post won't make it refresh to whoever's viewing it).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  6. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    Which thread is that?

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    test

@Geit

x2
    x3
    x4
    x5
    x6

How many notifications did you get @Geit?

8. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    None - you can't trigger notifications with edits.

9. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    That's good, but also bad. Good that it can't be exploited, or annoying for a regularly edited post with legitimate tags in, but bad because If someone ninja edits their post to include an important tag, it should probably send a notification.

I'm guessing there's no real way of making it send a notification the first time an edit is made that includes a tag and ignore all the ones after that?

10. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, makes sense. Sucks though, because that's what I most wanted to preview :psyduck:

11. Pocket

aa Pocket Naylte ven, naylte yen.

Positive Ratings:
    So, what does this board currently use Flash for? I keep getting pop-ups asking if I want to activate it, but there's no ads anymore and YouTube is HTML5-based now, so....

12. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    The uploader - you can disable it for your account at:

http://tf2maps.net/account/preferences

13. Kube

aa Kube Soon it will be different

Positive Ratings:
  14. Pocket

Positive Ratings:
    One more thing! When I clear my messages in the top-right corner, go back to the main page, and try to mouseover it again, it pops up a "security error". Might want to deal with that or at least submit a bug report to the Xenforo guys.

15. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    I can't replicate that? - Clearing my alerts then trying to open them from the front page works fine. :S

16. Pocket

Positive Ratings:
    This is in Firefox, where it doesn't auto-reload the page when you hit Back so the button is still red and has the number on it.

17. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    I use Firefox - the alerts bar works fine after a normal page back event. :S

18. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I guess since I never heard a response, that moving the subforum names to the right to make them more visible isn't an option.

[​IMG]

Can we get these outlined, or in a different colour, or at least bold? I have tremendous difficulty reading these (mild dyslexia), whereas I didn't on the old forums because they weren't in tiny letters bunched up with the author, date, etc info.

Also, I notice that if I post something, then hit New Posts, my post doesn't show up. Sometimes I use the New Post thing to go back to a post I just made to edit in something I forgot.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Did this ever happen? This would be expected behavior to me.

20. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    I only ever see my threads in new posts when someones replied to it. Sounds normal to me.