TF2Maps.net Contest #8 - KoTH, Sponsored by STAR_

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Hey guys, we are still taking judges applications for this:

There will be a panel of judges appointed by STAR. We will also have 3-4 TF2Maps.net Judges with them. If you think you can provide a higher-than-average level of expertise, feedback and critiques, send me (Fr0z3n) a PM on the forums, saying that you are interested. The Site staff will review the applicants, and you will be contacted if selected.

Please PM me on the FORUMS with a little blurb saying why you are interested/would be a good judge!

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Can judges be announced before they post their reviews this time? Is that something that's never done.

We've never explicitly came out and said "Hey, here are the judges" because by the time that the announcement would pop up, all the judges were like "hey, I'm a judge" and everyone knew.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I don't see the need for revealing the judges ahead of time.

As a judge for the last big contest, it was kind of nice that none of the mappers knew that I was. I just quitely played the maps with everyone else and based my review on that. I can already picture judges getting pocket medics and more attention thrown at them, just to increase how much fun they have on a given map. I'd say it's best to leave it somewhat in the dark just to avoid any situation where something like that might happen.

Judges should have the same experience playing the map as everyone else.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Friendly reminder about this rule

A forum thread for your map development must be posted in this subforum: [Link] You MUST have a thread for you map by no later than August 12th. If you do not have a thread your map will be disqualified.
Your thread must include screenshots of your map, download highly recommended

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Would I be allowed to let someone else compile my map if my pc keeps shitting on itself?

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
this upload topic makes me cry like a baby
?

Would I be allowed to let someone else compile my map if my pc keeps shitting on itself?

Yes, that is okay, as long as they do not touch the map in any form.

You will need to pack any custom content, build all cubemaps, etc.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
HI!

I'm not dead, I'm just... killing dragons... and centaurs... and zombies... and dragons...... dragons.

But, I didn't forget that today was the last time to get your map fixed. So, here is the final map pack (Still uploading!)

22 entries. That is a lot! Goodluck to all of you! I'm extremely happy for the turnout, and hope that everyone is proud of their work.

Remember, there is no public voting. Judges have been asked to remain silent through-out the judging process, so don't pester them if you know who they are. STAR will release the winners via YouTube and then judges remarks will be released shortly after.

You are welcome to play and update the maps as you please. If you find anything that might break the rules, please notify me immediately on the forums or on steam (if I'm on)

Again, excellent work to everyone.
-Fr0z3n

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
How is this preliminary voting going to happen? If it's not public, will STARs judges and/or TF2Maps judges do this?

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I'm looking forward to a flood of STAR videos where he discusses each map individually. DO EET STAR.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
There is no preliminary voting, i understand. The judges just go straight to it.

From the OP:

Preliminary voting
Preliminary voting will ALWAYS occur, no matter the number of entrants into the contest. The Preliminary voting will be done by the judge panel after the grace period has ended. The process will not be public. A maximum of 15 maps may pass through the preliminary vote, there is no minimum limit set.
After the preliminary vote the remaining finalists will of course be presented to the public.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Correct.

STAR_'s judges will be doing the final decision on what maps make it through the prelims. No more than 15 will go through, but at least 3 will make it through. This is how it was elected to be done based on STAR's requests. I'll notify the Aesthetics/Technical judges when STAR has made the final cut (So they can save some time). I am not sure if I can release the final list publically yet, I will check with STAR when the cut is made. Don't pester the judges.

And now, back to dragons.