TF2Maps and Potato’s MvM Servers Present: Mappers vs Machines

Discussion in 'Contests' started by LeSwordfish, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Messing Around

Messing Around L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    sniff... spend all the time on the map, too late for the pop file

well, still learn something out of this event

good luck everybody else

2. Roobean

Roobean L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Here it is my simple looking concept;

Well, I hope I can do a better job for the 72 Hour TF2 Jam and put my original map idea down into something rather than this concept idea fun map.
    Either way, here is my first 'map'.

I would like to thank for their great support and help, Crash & Donkie; I hope I can do a better job at this next time.

Thank you to all who have made this event possible; it means alot!

P.S. If I am eligible at all for the medal, really pretty design indeed, I was wondering if at all Crash (http://steamcommunity.com/id/UEAKCrash) and Donkie (http://steamcommunity.com/id/NTDonkie) would be able to receive one as well for all their help and support with regards to all things Map-wise and MvM? Thanks again!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
  4. Professor Heavy

Professor Heavy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Good luck to anyone who submitted, looks like there's some pretty great submissions!

I also learned a valuable lesson from this. NEVER make my first map an MvM one for a contest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Flipy

aa Flipy I like foxes

Positive Ratings:
    Another contest deadline knocked out
    Its been a hell of a learning experience, so for all of those who submitted, those who came close but just missed the mark, and those watching from afar eating popcorn, its been a good 3 months

See you all at the 72 Hour Jam and for the next inevitable contest

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Necrσ

aa Necrσ

Positive Ratings:
    Congrats to everyone who entered, it was by no means an easy contest with mvm being probably the most difficult gamemode to map for. But I think the amount of entries and the overall quality shows just how much talent there is in this community.

Also, thanks to hydrogen for putting so much of his time into testing maps, along with everyone else who showed up to the testing sessions, without the amount of testing you provided I think that none of the maps entered would be nearly as good.

Lastly, good luck to everyone for the judging and I hope everyone can take something away from this contest regardless if you win or not :)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. Quenquent the babysitter

Quenquent the babysitter L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you for informing everyone about it. I agree that it's hard to test 30 (now 44) entries with 2 missions each. But can you please tell the mapper why their map wasn't part of the top fifteen (that you may or may not have turned into top twenty ?) and at least play a bit of the two missions ? I know some contestants put much more efforts in their non-normal mission, and it can be pretty frustrating to get dismissed without knowing why.

I'm sure you planned on working that way, but like you I just want to see this contest being as fair as possible, and I'm sorry if I'm over-worrying about it.

I thank you all for this contest, and I wish good luck to every contestants !

8. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Everyone will definitely get some feedback from our judges. No promises on the other popfiles (plowing through an advanced or expert pop file can take a long time) but where possible we can try it out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Is it cool to update cubemaps on a map if they are broken, before judging?

10. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Okay - send me a link to the updated .zip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Hydrogen

Hydrogen MvM Maniac

Positive Ratings:
    Here's a zip file to all the entries to the contest. It's pretty heavy (850 MB) but if you install it you can skip waiting at fastdl.

Client installation: Drag and drop the folders inside /tf/ (e.g. materials, maps, scripts) to tf/downloads

Server installation: Do the same for client installation but drag everything to the /tf/ folder (/tf/ is in the folder that has the srcds binary in it). Upload the bsp and hud icon files (materials/hud folder) to your fastdl server. You will need to make/generate a .res file on your server to make clients download the hud icons (it's a simple but long process; PM me if you want to know how to do this).

Thanks!

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  12. Yabayabayaba

Yabayabayaba L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    When is the community judging likely to happen? also I can't find it, so when are the medals coming out?

Thanks!
    -Yaba

13. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Community Judging will happen once the judges have played all the maps and chosen a shortlist - my best guess for this is a week or so. Medals will happen at about the same time. Both of those are estimates though, so don't worry if it's taking longer. I'll post in here when medals are out

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. UltimentM

UltimentM L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    CRAP I FORGOT TO PUT MY SUBMISSION IN THE THREAD

15. Viperi

aa Viperi not actually a snek

Positive Ratings:
    You don't have to?

16. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    You very much do.

@UltimentM , PM me a link to your map Download on the site.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  17. Viperi

aa Viperi not actually a snek

Positive Ratings:
    Oops, must've misread the thread name. I thought this was the jam thread my bad lol.

18. Qohen

Qohen L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    How's the map testing going team?

19. kubisztal

kubisztal L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    bump, also interested in that

20. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    We should have a shortlist for you by sunday at the latest! Everyone else is done, by the way - blame me for holding things up.

• Thanks Thanks x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1