Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Sep 7, 2012
Back when it used to be in the competitive leagues (many moons ago), the usual tactic was to defend B and just sacrifice A, and just send some scouts to harras the attackers while they tried to take it and to prevent them attacking through C. It's quite fun in short bursts, imo.

If your team was well-coordinated, you could play around with this and hide 2-3 players on A, and ambush them right before the cap. There are a few good roamer spots on top of the point, for example.

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014
Fixed ragdolls not drawing the head properly when a Spy feigns death
Croissant spy officially fixed?
Is it safe to use my Dead Ringer now?

tumblr_njh10s9x2u1skd6pko1_250.png

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
If your team was well-coordinated, you could play around with this and hide 2-3 players on A, and ambush them right before the cap. There are a few good roamer spots on top of the point, for example.

I don't know man, that shit hardly ever worked. If you were hiding 2-3 players on A, you've instantly lost B and need to retake. Which is notoriously hard to do. So you basically lose the most easily defended point of the match just so you get maybe 30 more seconds of ownership of A point. Not a good tradeoff honestly.

The only time that those kind of 'Ironman Holds' work is when you use an Engineer to defend A who has a teleporter to instantly escape danger after defending A for like a minute.

Although with the unlocks that Engineer can get because of the no whitelist thing, we might see a lot more A holds (And a landslide amount of defence wins).

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I don't see anything new in the quickplay menu for the modes they supposedly added to it. Are they just showing up in the server browser in official servers now or what?
It's at the far end of the Quickplay menu. It's just called "Alternative"

GroundCode_

L1: Registered
Jan 6, 2016
Then they added Medieval Mode, thank you Volvo. Maybe now they'll actually finish Robot Destruction because they have a spot to put it in quickplay. Still waiting on arena though, I can't get over how fun Byre is to play heavy on. Great job, @Idolon. Also has anyone else been having Snowplow not show up in the A/D show servers option? They should probably fix that and any other quickplay bugs.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
They also removed Special Delivery, but they re-used the Special Delivery icon for Alternative, so maybe that's where you got confused.

Yeah that was it. They just re-used everything except the label.