Strata

TC Strata (version 538) b1c

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Happy birthday baddie

I'm not too keen on that entire building below the air control tower; I think my main gripe is the fact that it's a metal building with a concrete structure on top. That plus the vent area...eh.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Progress update!

Blue is done, red is not started yet. So that puts it at just over 1/2 done.

strata_progress.JPG

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
It's Screenshot Saturday!
tc_strata_cliffs-1.JPG

tc_strata_cliffs-2.JPG

Coming up next week: Timelapse Tuesday (or Thursday, or maybe later in time, who knows)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Are tents usually that patchy or does it look better ingame? I'm concerned that a) It's the same brown as all your cliff walls and b) it's beyond reasonably patchy.

Otherwise, looking very nice, especially those cliff faces.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
jeeeeeeez guys the cliffs are what's being shown not the tent, everyone knows the tent sucks already :p

I've been trying to model one but I don't get along with the cloth modifier.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Finished up all the displacements in the centre of the map (middle four points) and since they're all about 80% detailed now it's probably time for another release. I'll get everything sealed up again at the weekend for next week.

Looks like it's gunna be Timelapse Thursday tomorrow!!

Over 8 hours of displacements condensed into just 15 minutes of blur!

Watch this space.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Wow, that's an intimidating amount of brown. The fences, the roofs, the cliffs, the RED buildings. That's gonna be a bitch to break up in RED areas, especially when many of the desert foliage pieces are also muted brown.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
It might just be me, but as much as I love those cliffs... Something seems horribly disproportionate... I can't tell if if its the textures, or the curves you added, but something just doesn't seem right about them and I can't put my finger on it... (and no, it isn't the lighting)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
mmm brown content is exceedingly high you're right..

The only area that definitely isn't suffering brown overload is the tracks and each base CP

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
The normal map or whatever effect you've got going on there (SS?) is craaaazy out of control. It reminds me of when you hit the hydro texture with lighting from a certain angle and it looks incredibly fake like someones painted a giant protrusion onto a flat surface, only all the time. If you can fix that it'll be sexy as all hell to me (which is what matters).

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You know what it makes me think of? It looks almost like the smaller rock formations are trying to camouflage themselves. Or like that scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with the bridge painted to look like the stuff behind it.