Strata

TC Strata (version 538) b1c

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I didn't leave feedback for this during the impromptu today because I was owned too swiftly to do it, but I was stuck inside the dinosaur bone displays on RED last. I had jumped down (as scout, fwiw) from the balconies furthest from RED spawn, and found that I could only rotate in place. Couldn't jump, couldn't move directionally.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
We've reached a point where, in most stages, the setup time isn't even long enough for anyone to get to the setup gates. I think it's probably safe to just get rid of them.

And while we're on the subject, why did you decide to go with rolling metal doors with custom logos on them instead of standard orange setup gates, anyway?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
We've reached a point where, in most stages, the setup time isn't even long enough for anyone to get to the setup gates. I think it's probably safe to just get rid of them.

And while we're on the subject, why did you decide to go with rolling metal doors with custom logos on them instead of standard orange setup gates, anyway?

They're long enough for a pyro to be stopped by them and according to http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Classes pyro runs the same (or slower) than scouts, engineers, medics, snipers and spies. So that's only demomen, soldiers and heavies who aren't getting slowed. But they can get there faster by jumping, so they're also slowed.

They have a new logo so that they can be the same shape and size as the walls that block the rounds, if they had to be smaller (to be the standard yellow ones) it would create a terrible choke.

xomp

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2008
Sorry to necro, but we run the tc_strata_a3 version on our server (and love it!) but I'm a bit confused. Not sure which version is the most current. Can you advise?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I didn't reuse it. That was Strata. Strata just went under many heavy revisions while I worked on TC.

This thread has a download for b1c. I thought I was on b1b personally but I guess b1c is the latest.

JKTwice

L1: Registered
Aug 12, 2016
N-N-NECRO!
We need more maps like this. Finally someone gets Territorial Control right