CP Spectre

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
This is Gravelpit style map with 3 zones.

Includes a nav file for bot play.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
My name is Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite map on the site.

(sorry)

Looks good actually, the points look interesting from the screenshots. The detailing and displacements still need work though. Currently it doesn't look like it knows what theme it wants to be and some random props have been picked to fill the spaces.

Sep 1, 2009
Ravidge I am tired of your disingenuous assertions. I fell that either the map is too bright and that is making the water funny or that the water is funny,

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Ravidge I am tired of your disingenuous assertions. I fell that either the map is too bright and that is making the water funny or that the water is funny,

(I'm with Ravidge on this)...

Looks nice, toss it up for a gameday so we can get some game time with it...

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
Looks good actually, the points look interesting from the screenshots. The detailing and displacements still need work though. Currently it doesn't look like it knows what theme it wants to be and some random props have been picked to fill the spaces.

Yeah Ill be adding some detail in the next release.

Didn't this use to be a TC map?

Yes it was.

Looks pretty open on C, sightline wise.

Ive added a fair amount of vis blockers and it played well in the TC version.

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
Looks really nice, though the water does look a bit weird and maybe a bit bright. Plus there are some pretty big sight lines and open areas, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. Remember that TC does play a bit differently to CP as there are different focus in gameplay.

Anyway, looks interesting to see how it'll play out. I'd love to give this a go if I can get the time.

P.S. Remember to remove the HUD as well when taking screenshots (though I do see how it would be harder with bots running around.)

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
Just tried to give some feedback with in-game screens, but when I load your map my game crashes.

From the screenshots I can see that you've done quite a bit of detailing, have you tested this elsewhere? Both A and B look very nice, but I can imagine C is pretty sniper prone. I'll give proper feedback when a version of the map I can run is up.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
I will change the lighting setting for outside, the water thing is an issue where the map meets the skybox water.

I may add another building into the C/water area if its an issue.

As for the crashing, Ill check if there is any stray entities but there shouldn't be.

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
Ugh great, any way of tracking what causes map crashes?

Also, how did you make it crash? I load the map from the console.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013

map cp_spectre

Check info_observer_points, player spawns, leaks, all kinds of stuff. Hit Alt+P in Hammer and see what that brings up.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011

It crashed for me both when I used create server to bring it up directly and when I already had a server created and used changelevel cp_spectre in console.

EDIT: I think your download link is broken, it just takes me to a page of what I assume is code but looks like gibberish to me.

Last edited:

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
Works for me now. Looks interesting, I might try to get a pug going on it sometime.