Sounds embed into .bsp do not work on workshop

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ficool2, Feb 2, 2018.

1. ficool2

ficool2 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    All the sounds I have embed into the .bsp are not recognised at all when the map is used from the workshop. I think this might be related to the sound.caches that are not created, but I'm not too sure. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? Embed textures and models work fine. I'm using CompilePal, I tried using VIDE but it resulted in the same thing.

2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Are you sure they are packed? You can check by opening the bsp with GCFScape.

3. ficool2

ficool2 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    GCFScape says the Package type is unsupported, (I had the same issue with another map for CSS but all the embed content was working). However 7zip is able to open it, and yes, they are packed in

4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Wasn't there an issue with the Workshop where certain types of assets wouldn't work? I recall them fixing one of the Workshop problems recently, but I think it was the one where you couldn't upload maps that you compressed yourself.

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    This is a problem with the workshop. You cannot do anything about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MOCOLONI

MOCOLONI L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can't confirm anything, but wasn't there a way to fix embedded .NAV files? Perhaps using the same fix but with sound files could work.

7. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The fix was to rename them embed.nav.