Sounds embed into .bsp do not work on workshop

ficool2

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 28, 2017
All the sounds I have embed into the .bsp are not recognised at all when the map is used from the workshop. I think this might be related to the sound.caches that are not created, but I'm not too sure. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? Embed textures and models work fine. I'm using CompilePal, I tried using VIDE but it resulted in the same thing.

ficool2

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 28, 2017
Are you sure they are packed? You can check by opening the bsp with GCFScape.

GCFScape says the Package type is unsupported, (I had the same issue with another map for CSS but all the embed content was working). However 7zip is able to open it, and yes, they are packed in

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Wasn't there an issue with the Workshop where certain types of assets wouldn't work? I recall them fixing one of the Workshop problems recently, but I think it was the one where you couldn't upload maps that you compressed yourself.

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
Can't confirm anything, but wasn't there a way to fix embedded .NAV files? Perhaps using the same fix but with sound files could work.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Can't confirm anything, but wasn't there a way to fix embedded .NAV files? Perhaps using the same fix but with sound files could work.
The fix was to rename them embed.nav.