Sound of Blog Post Being Posted

Mar 23, 2010
getting saxton hale mask is the hard part.....have to have 10 HUMAN players on a server and race to get the gift.

Apr 13, 2009
getting saxton hale mask is the hard part.....have to have 10 HUMAN players on a server and race to get the gift.

I really don't care about that saxton mask... on the other hand the individual class masks could potentially trade well. I wonder if it's best to sell everything now or hoard them till they get really rare and no one wants them anymore. :bored:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
So who's got the Unusual Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker?

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Not me and I don't intend to. I have the unusual metal, and I think I'll just keep it. Not worth wasting 2 refined on when I wouldn't use it, frying pan is so much better :) After a week or two, it might be even rarer than the axe .

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
So who's got the Unusual Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker?

Not me yet, but I'm gonna try to craft for it. Need moar metal! :O

Not me and I don't intend to. I have the unusual metal, and I think I'll just keep it. Not worth wasting 2 refined on when I wouldn't use it, frying pan is so much better :) After a week or two, it might be even rarer than the axe .

I think the axe and the metal are about the same in value, and always will be - you can't trade either, and the metal's really only good for making the axe (or the Halloween hats, but who would waste it on that?). Plus the axe is the only one between the two that actually does more than occupy a backpack slot! :p
That's just me though. The frying pan is pretty cool, my favorite when I don't feel like being a DemoKnight.

EDIT: TF2 Official Wiki now says that the Headtaker can be traded. Puts it at a higher value than the untradable metal then? Not that I'd ever trade mine after getting it... ;)

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
ss20101028205037.png

Not tradeable.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
On the wiki, I read that someone tried to trade the hats that are marked Not Tradeable and it worked fine.

Dec 25, 2007
there's always a few twats that insist on killing people during the HHH madness
What, people who keep trying to play the game despite the HHH? Deary me.

The HHH is just another environmental hazard (albeit a very fun one), so you can try to kill him or you can take advantage of his distraction and cap/defend the points as usual. I think that's only reasonable.

I finally did get the haunted metal: meleed the HHH just before he died, and he chopped my head off in return, but I was credited with the kill and got the achievement.

Now I need to decide what to craft with it.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I've played on servers that are "play as normal with the HHH" and "don't kill anyone while the HHH is alive" and the first kind are much, much more fun.

The second type are actually a real PITA because it's very hard to avoid killing anyone else with most weapons (especially pipes and flamethrowers). Plus you get 1/2 the people ignoring the rule anyway.

What's fun is when you're IT and you lead the horseman into the other team while they're on the point. XD

I've got enough metal to do the Headtaker, but refined is trading for pretty insane amounts right now... I'm tempted to trade it away and snag some of these great deals (seen someone trade a freaking Bill's Hat for a refined and another guy traded two good hats for one refined o_O).

Kep

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Woah, I might start tryign to sell my refined then. One thing I hate about HHH is his melee range. I'm sure he can attack through props (The A sign at point...A obviously)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I've got enough metal to do the Headtaker, but refined is trading for pretty insane amounts right now... I'm tempted to trade it away and snag some of these great deals (seen someone trade a freaking Bill's Hat for a refined and another guy traded two good hats for one refined o_O).

Interesting, i got 4 refined right now, i might cash in on that market.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Well, I've parked myself in a trading server for a couple of hours and not seeing anything as crazy as the Bill's Hat, but still seeing one vintage or two keys or two non-vintage hats for a single refined.

On the other end of the spectrum, I see lots of people asking for 4 refined for things like Napper's. <roll eyes> Obviously they'll never trade for that.

Halloween masks are going for pretty cheap: one or two scrap, sometimes up to a reclaimed if the person is desperate to make a Saxton Hale.

Kep