So long, and thanks for all the maps.

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
Hi!
You may know me as either "the events guy", "the invade ctf guy", or the "no alphas" guy. All are accurate.

I joined this community back in 2017 when I first started mapping. Jungle inferno was hot off the press and I was very passionate about creating things for this game I loved. It helped of course that the community was so welcoming and supportive. In 2019/2020 I hit my stride, releasing a bunch of actually good maps and branching into other areas of tf2 content creation such as particles, models, videos, and more.
This is also the year when I was promoted to Server Mod!

However afterwards I found my passion for the game steadily declining. I basically convinced myself that my PD map, Scarab, was a sure bet for that year's scream fortress. When it wasn't picked, I was devastated. The same thing occurred to a lesser extent the next year. I got somewhat jaded after that, focusing on larger projects such as Cactus Canyon Redux. I have a bunch of other maps that are somewhat near completion but I fear never will be due to their scale. This makes the prospect of future mapping rather daunting to me, and that's the main reason why I have only released a single map this year (alongside time limitations). I might post these unfinished maps on the orphanage at some point.

I also have a professional level design job now! (Play my game later this year) So I don't have much time to spare for running events like the 72hr Jam, which I had to take time off work to run. It's also a immense amount of work to set events like that up, as what should be the work of an entire team is instead mostly relegated to just me (thanks a lot to Nesman for doing the infra for these events). I find myself frequently taking on more work than I should be, so I'm stepping down for my overall health and lack of passion for the game at this stage.

I'll still be around, maybe even releasing a map or two, but don't expect too much.

See ya,
Conor "Suna" Heath

Custard1

Dude, where's my free time?
aa
Mar 15, 2015
Thanks for all the work you've done over the years Suna. It'll be sad to not have you on the 72 hour jam segments, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your new game and any new maps you come out with. Best of luck for the future!

Cheddzy

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2016
Whatever is best for one's mental health. You've done incredible work throughout the years & will continue to do so, at or out of your position
Thank you Conor & hope to stay in touch.

So long & thanks for all the maps <3333

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
I just want to say that I love what you have put out. I still really do appreciate you for taking my suggestion of giving Scarab a non-Halloween version for servers who may not enjoy the extra additions that come with Halloween maps. Your redux version of Cactus Canyon is one of my favourite community Payload maps, and it still will be for a while. The creativity that went into combining the two stages will also adjusting the layout while keeping traces of the original truly was inspiring to see. Hoax and Nuclide are also maps that have a very special place in my heart when it comes to the time I spent playing on those maps within community servers in the past.

Thanks so much for all you've done, and even if you don't make TF2 maps anymore, know that the work you put in is super appreciated. Good luck with your future endeavours!

Seacat08

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 7, 2022
Sucks to see you step down Suna but I understand it's for your health and is probably a good decision seeing the amount of work you (and the rest of the TF2maps staff) do every year. Hope to still see more from you in the future and good luck on future games and projects!

Gigachad gaming

L1: Registered
May 28, 2023
I didnt even know you, but I think you made a large impact on the tf2maps community. A good impact at that. I wish you luck in your job and I hope to play some of your games in the future!

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
It's been an honor to have you here.
1704206838404.png

Oct 6, 2008
Good Luck with everything in the future! You'll be missed but not forgotten! And we'll probably see you around from time to time :)