Rippleside

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
must admit im wondering why sentries can shoot through them at all...

and wouldn't it be easier to just use one of the magic tool textures overlapping the boards to block it? nodraw, blockbullets, etc.

Eyce

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2010
must admit im wondering why sentries can shoot through them at all...

and wouldn't it be easier to just use one of the magic tool textures overlapping the boards to block it? nodraw, blockbullets, etc.

I used it also to make the sightline blockage just a tad bigger- sort of emphasises the kink in the route they'll take.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
The spawns being close to the intel, only 3 routes to intel. Spawncamping WILL be a problem in this map. The only way to get the intel is a team wipe and a team push. SO once the defenders get wiped, the whole attacking team is at the intel. One thing to do, run away or spawncamp.

Eyce

Jan 13, 2010
The spawns being close to the intel, only 3 routes to intel. Spawncamping WILL be a problem in this map. The only way to get the intel is a team wipe and a team push. SO once the defenders get wiped, the whole attacking team is at the intel. One thing to do, run away or spawncamp.

I figured the option of running up to the higher spawn exit with the raised platform would be enough to make spawn camping harder- I didn't notice anybody really doing it on gameday.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You need to break sightlines through here really, either of these could work, or variation there of.

ctfripplesidea400022.jpg

ctfripplesidea400023.jpg

ctfripplesidea400021.jpg

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I've seen the new version, Eyce sent me the vmf so i could help figure out what was causing his map to crash. I just grabbed those images so i didn't have to take the extra effort to make fresh ones, as those paths are still essentially the same in that release as they are this.

/removes the last image though

Last edited:

lockitup

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2009
Any chance of getting a special version of this with a 30 second intel return time rather than 10?

Eyce

Jan 13, 2010
Any chance of getting a special version of this with a 30 second intel return time rather than 10?

I'm considering bumping up the return time to 15, but I don't want it to go too long because people who I've tested it with 6v6 like the feeling of desperation while fighting to pick up the intel again. I'll try to get a 30 second version up for whatever the hell you need it for, but I'm not going to make it standard. :p

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I played the map on gameday, was the first time I played it.

The intel is too hard to cap imo, sentries in that area were very hard to kill. I suggest removing or reducing some ammopacks in this area so it isn't that easy for engineers to build and heal their sentries (Like this ammopack, it's right next to the spawn, remove it.

I also think that you should make the middle a little bigger, if felt like it was very hard to fight through it. You could move everything just a little back so there is a little more space at the middle.

Keep going. =)

Furex

L4: Comfortable Member
May 30, 2009
played this today at gameday, was realy fun :D
agree with mr. hanz, the sentries right outside the spawn, on the platform, was too hard to kill.

Other then that, great!

lockitup

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2009
I don't really like the new ledge where there's no stairs up to it near spawn in the new version. Also are you going to post the 30s return time?

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
Liked the map, maybe because i was dominating but w/e.

There were some things that you should fix, as Hanz mentioned make the middle bigger, also once a team builds 1-2 sentries in the middle, its almost impossible for opposite team to move on..