CP radiohouse [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prosciutto

Cobalt - same shape as koth_proped

my favorite gamemode in tf2 is attack/defend cp. so i decided to make a map of it

it's a 3 cp a/d map with the gimmick that it is in L a little bit. another fun thing is that you can see the second point from the first point.

i based the map of.
cp_mountainlab
cp_gravelpit
koth_proped
cp_granary
pl_smissmas eve

i hope you enjoy the map
(the name might get changed)

map overview
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------View attachment 47763

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
Do in need to change it then.

Ideally, yes since if anyone who has the other map downloaded attempts to join a server running your map there will be problems as there will be two conflicting maps with the same name. However it is also generally best practice to try to keep map names unique so people dont get confused or mistake your map for someone elses. :)

P

Prosciutto

Ideally, yes since if anyone who has the other map downloaded attempts to join a server running your map there will be problems as there will be two conflicting maps with the same name. However it is also generally best practice to try to keep map names unique so people dont get confused or mistake your map for someone elses. :)
Ok i will do it in the next version

P

Prosciutto

changelog A2
1 most noteble is the name change. originally is was called cobalt but there was already a map called cobalt. so i changed to radiohouse
2 changed the skybox to a night time map
3 did some detailing similair to gravelpit
4 changed some health and ammo
5 made a new door that goes from Point A to Point B. it opens slowly after blu has captured Point B
6 made new doors right before Point B so people don't ignore the secret route to go faster to Point A.
7 added a siren prop, sound effect and particle at Point C that goes on when Point B is capped that indicates that red needs to defend Point C in order to win. it also just looks cool.
8 changed Point A
9 added spectator camera's
10 added names to every control point that shows up on the hud
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you may be wondering why radiohouse, why the different skybox, and why the detailing similair to gravelpit. well i want the map to be set really close to gravelpit (somewhere next to it) i also want to make it night time just so it like a night themed gravelpit. and the story of the map is that red has a secret radiotower in the gravel pits. and blu really wants to destroy it. so the capture the gravel pits (point A) the satellite dish (point B) and at last the radio tower (point C) so that is why it is called raidiohouse. also i really like the map powerhouse and i like the name so thats also why it is called radiohouse

Read the rest of this update entry...

P

Prosciutto

changelog a3
1 added an explosion when the last point is capped
2 changed piont A quite a bit
3 changed some props
4 changed some health
5 gave the doors that open up later no-entry signs
6 did some optimization
7 did some detailing

the last point explosion

Last edited by a moderator:

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
In the later detailing stage, it would be cool to see the radiotower collapsing during the explosion.

Jsd

L3: Member
May 1, 2017
I had fun playing this map yesterday
But the third control point was quite hard to push through, also the second point was like this but to a slightly less extent.
Also heavy was pretty fun on this map

P

Prosciutto

changelog A4 the major changes include
1 did alot of detailing( i want the theme of the map powerhouse/gravelpit)
2 changed the skybox (again) to sky_hydro_01
3 added a frog easter egg
4 removed some big sniper sightlines into blu spawn
5 moved the radiotower so people actually could see what exploded
6 did more optimization
and alot of other minor changes

P

Prosciutto

changelog A5 major changes include
1 completely changes the routes into point C
1.2 added vent route on the left
1.3 added ramp roue to a platform on the right
1.4 changed the middle route so defenders can't camp there and defend the point. it gave the room more place to breath (it is less cramped)
2 did more optimization
3 added some health and ammo
4 deleted some useless stuff
5 deleted the door that would open when point B is capped in red spawn since it's useless
and other minor changes

P

Prosciutto

changelog a6 the major changes include
1 changed point C again. now it is outside
2 lowered the trains tracks
3 did more optimization
4 moved the higher up platform at point C
5 added soundscapes. i don't think they work
6 moved radiotower and explosion
and other minor changes

P

Prosciutto

btw for all the people who think that blu can shoot red from point A to point C. i put an block bullets there so don't try

P

Prosciutto

changelog a7 major changes include
1 added a new route into last
2 aligned some brushes
3 added more cover around point B
4 changed the deahtpit at last to a little container area to jump around on
and other minor changes

P

Prosciutto

the map is now beta 1 major changes include
1 added a new route to last that leads to a new balcony
2 changed the theming of the map from powerhouse/gravelpit to foundry/gravelpit. i did this because it the foundry theme works better with the gravelpit theme
3 added some soundscapes which probably don't even work because i really don't understand soundscapes
4 added custom stuff like diesel trains ans some metal textures
5 added 3d skybox which needs tons of fixes
6 remade red spawn
7 added whistle when the setup ends

if you get erros then say it in the thread because that means i didn't pack it properly and that is probably because i don't understand anything about packing and repacking

Status
Not open for further replies.