pp_powerjuice

pp_powerjuice A5

Joshenkstone

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
pp_powerjuice - The verry first map featuring the powerpush gamemode.

Hello and welcome to the very first alpha of the PP_powerjuice map.
I immediately see your thinking what the hell is PP.
Well it's basicly PLR but you need to be carrying an item in order to push the pl.
In our case it's a bottle powerjuice.
There is also a special version of the powerjuice at spawn which spawns every 3 minutes, upon drinking from this tasty juice you will gain minicrits for 30 seconds.
The team which pushes the cart to the end of the track the fastest wins.

Please note that it's still A1 so it still has it's sidelines,bugs etc. so don't expect much of it right now.

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
This sounds interesting, but the special powerjuice worries me. Everyone already hates critacola scouts, and this is like critacola for anyone, for far longer duration (critacola is 8 seconds), without the debuff. That may be offset by the fact that it only spawns every 3 minutes but testing will be the judge of that.
Also you should add full size screenshots pls

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015
This sounds interesting, but the special powerjuice worries me. Everyone already hates critacola scouts, and this is like critacola for anyone, for far longer duration (critacola is 8 seconds), without the debuff. That may be offset by the fact that it only spawns every 3 minutes but testing will be the judge of that.
Also you should add full size screenshots pls
and that is exactly the reason why alphas exist. :D

ChuckSpurgeon

L2: Junior Member
Jan 6, 2014
I'd really like to see some screen shots. Thanks!

Sounds like a risky, interesting (those things seem to go together!) game dynamic.

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015
I'd really like to see some screen shots. Thanks!

Sounds like a risky, interesting (those things seem to go together!) game dynamic.
i'll add them when i release a2 because there will be quite some changes. (a2 will release soon :))

Johnny1023

L1: Registered
May 16, 2015
Good luck making a2, such a mode would be complicated, so, don't mess up, and save often.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Pee pee is the power juice. I drink it each morning right before I head off to the gym for my daily workout. But then a couple of guys, who were up to no good start making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight, my mom got scared, she said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015
changelogs for a2
-fixed being able to jump ontop of a setupgate.
-fixed text showing whenever the special powerjuice spawns.
-fixed players to get pushed into the wall by the payload in the final building.
-fixed the setupdoors in the under area on mid to not show the back of the frame.
-fixed the anouncer spamming you when picking up/droping powerjuice.
-changed the message displaying the objective to the goal text.
-teams are no longer being swiched after the end of the round.
-lighting should look better now. (darn' goin' trough life while bein' colorblind is hard)
-added several models around the crossover area both stoping some players from falling into the cliff and blocking sidelines.
-added some barrels to the final building forcing snipers to stand forward a little more.
-added a rock to the big corner close to spawn to give some more cover.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertexCount=2004, nFirstVertex=0

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer: nVertexCount=2004, nFirstVertex=0

I think that's the PakRatting or something else.

You probably had a corrupted brush, and when Joshenkstone or you compiled, you didnt seem to read the log or just missed it saying there was a problem. I've never played a map with a corrupted brush so I'm not sure if it crashes your game, but I guess it does. Or maybe I'm wrong and its a completely different problem.

Aeix

L3: Member
Feb 14, 2016
May also be work checking for any problems with Alt+P
Is that a thing? :O
I thought the only thing for problem solving that valve gave us was the pointfile (and the compile log, I guess) :p

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
It covers a lot of things that the compiler can tend to miss (or just not report), such as broken I/Os, invalid solids, invalid entity keyvalues etc. It's handy to check periodically and before you do a compile.

Aeix

L3: Member
Feb 14, 2016
Wow, thanks. That's gonna save sooo much time! :)

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015
I'll try to get a3 out today with the fix for the crash along with some other major bug fixes.

Joshenkstone

Oct 24, 2015
changelogs for a3 by BenCo
-fixed the crosover working properly.
-fixed the cart getting stuck at the top of the ramp.
-fixed the torches in the final building showing particles.
-fixed the map crashing.(hopefully)
-edited lights in spawnrooms.
-edited texture scale on the no entry sign on the spawn rooms.
-changed the amount and location of health and ammo packs in the last building.
-the railways no longer have shadows under them.
-the torches in the final building now ignite you.

Read the rest of this update entry...