pl_waste

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
We'll be testing in a few minutes :). Don't worry about sized, problem has been talked, retalked and reretalked about...

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Icarus said:
it'll be a little over 70MB

holy fffff shit what did I do

Try sorting out your lightmaps next. Reducing faces that are fully in shadow or light or cover large area's will b better off with larger lightmap scales and can help reduce your map file size.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
How effective is increasing lightmaps?

Would it shave off just a few MBs? Could it shave off more than 10?

Last edited:

kaplan

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2008
Just tried to test out the map and it crashed our 32 player linux server. Anyone else having the same issue?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Yikes!

That's scary.

Do you know how it crashed? on map spawn? or mid-game? can you play it at all?

kaplan

Mar 29, 2008
We were able to play the map and roughly three minutes into the game the server crashed. Pl_norad had a similar problem where it would crash our server but was resolved by reducing the entity count. I'm not a mapper so I'm not sure exactly what that means, just passing the info, and hopefully give you ideas on what could've caused the crash.

raz0rskyl1n3

Oct 21, 2008
Ill try and test this on our server tonight. If we do any experience any crashes i will post an excerpt from the server log. Looking good and interested in trying this out with more people.

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
Our Server also crash yesterday (linux 24 players)

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
God dang flabbin damnit

I just did I test myself and I get the error Engine Error: No Free Edicts

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

brb rereleasing it as a4.

raz0rskyl1n3

Oct 21, 2008
Ive had a3 up on a server since last night and it hasnt crashed granted we havent had a full server or nothing. However i ran around simulating a blue win, red win, and stalemate.

If you do release another alpha, the red spawn door, either has a bad areportal or nodraw texture. Because it shows the skybox. So that could use fixing.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Unfortunately, I will not be able to release another alpha until next week. Working with it managed to get 24 players working, but for 32 I'm going to have do something that takes more time, which I don't have.

Sorry!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
As i said, i'm not sure how much it will effect your file size, but it looks like every MB counts. I doubt it'll be anymore than 3MB's. But it's relative to the size and detail of your map.

raz0rskyl1n3

Oct 21, 2008
I'm running a 24 man server, and it hasnt crashed yet, but like i stated hasn't been overly full.
So a stress test may prove otherwise, and i dont mind, crashing the server since this is a separate, server so i don't mind if it crashes.

These are the errors Im getting
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_trainyard/cart_base_separate.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/track_straight_128.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/suitcase.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_spytech/suitcase.mdl)

DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (337.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_angEyeAngles[0]', clamping.
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (337.000000) in SendPropFloat 'm_angEyeAngles[0]', clamping.

The other thing is the server is very stock, no addons are installed.

Other than that seems pretty good. Server is at
207.192.72.125:27016

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
aye, I know of them

I am astonished by the amount of interest I have garnered! I'd like to state that I most likely know what is causing the problems, which is my horrendously liberal use of spotlights and having 2 explosions pretty much doubles the number of dynamic prop entities.

I already ran a test with 23 bots and I didn't receive any more edict errors, but I did for 31. This means I am on the right track, just needs a little more fixing.

I can release a fix either tonight or tomorrow morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
pl_waste_a4 (formerly known as smog)

Download from TF2Maps

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. I am very saddened that I missed the upcoming gameday, so I am really relying on everyone to provide me feedback on this! The biggest thing I want to know is if it works. If it works and it's fun, I'll finish the details and release the beta. Thank you!

Changes for Alpha 4:
-Fixed the error "ED_Alloc: No Free Edicts", causing the map to be unplayable with large server populations
-Fixed RED prop room containing a BLU theme
-Halved file size

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Looks to work okay, although there seems to be a bug in the room where you spawn for RED. When you look out the "hatch" door that opens/closes, all you see is a blank, blasted plain. (Not a mapper myself, although I thought I heard it referred to as a "area portal" problem on other maps. Don't quote me on that.) If you go through it, you enter the base like normal, though. The one in BLU base displays fine. I'll grab a screenshot if it's needed.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Looks to work okay, although there seems to be a bug in the room where you spawn for RED. When you look out the "hatch" door that opens/closes, all you see is a blank, blasted plain. (Not a mapper myself, although I thought I heard it referred to as a "area portal" problem on other maps. Don't quote me on that.) If you go through it, you enter the base like normal, though. The one in BLU base displays fine. I'll grab a screenshot if it's needed.

Yep, that's for optimization. I don't think he needs a screenie for that, he should know how to fix it (that problem happens occasionally on Well as well).

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Well, I took one anyway. :p

waste.jpg