pl_waste

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Make a new cart model, so that it isn't facing one side only. A symmetrical, neutral bomb cart would work (that dirty bomb cart could work if you added dispensers to both sides). Otherwise, nice job!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Using the Separate Payload Models by Z33W13R, I might be able to whip something up. Like make it face up

toutfou

L3: Member
Sep 8, 2008
pl_smog_a40003.jpg

Looks nice, though I'm not too sure about the square part (just up from the middle of the shot), where the factory pipe meets the wall. The column goes all the way up but then finishes in a square shape? Looks bizzare.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, that's the old shitty skybox I had for the dev texture versions. I haven't bothered to remove them yet.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Wow, detailing the interior took a lot more time than I thought!

Checkpoint Room (Payload Track)
pl_waste_a50000.jpg

pl_waste_a50001.jpg

Main Entrance
pl_waste_a50005.jpg

BLU Forward Spawn #1
pl_waste_a50007.jpg

The Factory (Alternate Route)
pl_waste_a50004.jpg

I've decided to change the name from Smog to Waste. Because smog sounds silly and Waste is just so much cooler.

btw, I got a 24" 19x12 LCD monitor for christmas! Hurray for widescreen!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Damn, that's the second time someone made that comment.

Oh well, I tried to make it look humourous but it clearly failed.

I'll move it somewhere else :p

toutfou

Sep 8, 2008
I think the intel looks ok, so long as the conveyor belt moves? Could be a little misleading for players but I think they'll figure out fast enough that it's just for eye candy.

When do you think it'll be out? There are a couple of servers here in Australia that are finally getting back into hosting custom map servers. They'd be keen as to give it a whirl.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Heh, just put the intel in a pile of nuclear barrels behind a glass wall.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
The first two screens in your last post kinda seem to have an overload of props. They seem kind of cluttered.

toutfou

Sep 8, 2008
Wow, detailing the interior took a lot more time than I thought!

Checkpoint Room (Payload Track)
pl_waste_a50000.jpg

pl_waste_a50001.jpg

I think it's just a bit too one-toned, the barrels, pipes, cans, upper brick wall and fence are mostly same colour. If you throw in some of the yellow/black barrels it'll have a little more variety and contrast to the area. At the moment nothing is really standing out. You could also move the lights to the edge of the roof and the objects towards the back of the wall, it'll highlight the fronts of the objects, rather than straight down on top of them like its doing now, also allowing you to fill up the empty front areas with jerry cans and junk (adding a bit more colour).

As the lights are also maintenance/storage type lights, they might benefit from a slight hue + brightness change.

raz0rskyl1n3

L1: Registered
Oct 21, 2008
Tried a2 on our server tonight. Over all it is rather fun. There were some bugs, and some people were initially confused. To clarify i think all these things are being fixed or fixed. Overall im looking forward to the beta. The detailing is looking great.

Im going to reserve any further comments till the next release. Good job.

Also if you need a server to test out on just message me.

captain mental

L1: Registered
Dec 27, 2008
We played your map on our server ( i dont know if i can post server links so i will not try) and we liked what we saw. There was a point where i believe the payload was stuck on a point and wouldnt go forward anymore. But beside that we liked it very much.

As the previous poster razorsyline said, we can offer you a place to host it if you want to test it out. We have a community that plays alot of custom maps. We love variety and we pride ourselves on hosting custom maps on a regular rotation.

Pm me or Razorskyline. We have a 24 slots and we'd love to host your next version and provide some players for testing.

Capt M

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Thanks for the opportunity guys!

I've nearly finished RED's factory. I guess interiors are just easier to copy pasta.

pl_waste_a60005.jpg

pl_waste_a60007.jpg

pl_waste_a60014.jpg

pl_waste_a60013.jpg

The scouts a tough guy.
pl_waste_a60012.jpg

TO DO:
- Spytech areas
- Skybox
- Cubemaps
- Soundscapes

BTW, I now have it so that in case of a stalemate, the bomb will explode regardless of where it is :D

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I can't believe it.

I don't know how I managed it, but without any custom content or cubemaps, my map has already exceeded 60MB. With pakrat and everything else it'll be a little over 70MB

holy fffff shit what did I do

I'll be uploading a3 soon

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Alpha 3 released!
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=887

pl_waste_a30015.jpg

Heatmap Use: http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z200/CustomWars/pl_waste_a30017a.jpg

Changes for Alpha 3:
-Added detailing (ALMOST COMPLETE)
-Payload now explodes regardless in the case of a stalemate
-Added spectator cameras
-Moved first forward spawn back a bit
-Reduced lengths of alternate routes for cap 2/4
-Increased cap time for center CP
-Moved pickups more towards alternate routes
-Removed area under the middle cap
-Door no longer traps people when payload passes through it
-Capturing the final terminus now credits the correct people

Last edited: