Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
"The Voodoo, whoodoo, what you don't dare to, people"

(sorry, couldnt resist)

Chicky

L1: Registered
May 13, 2008
I actually liked your developer textures. I'm not a huge fan of the "orange" maps but at least yours are blu and red. I've played your map several times and everyone seems to really like it. I'd be interested in seeing what your textures look like though. :eek:

By the way, the only thing I really noticed is that there is no health or ammo. :( Granted, I'm assuming that's because there's no real textures yet. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say.... I like the name. I say keep hoodoo.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks chicky, I never imagined I'd have _a1 running for so long, I thought I'd have got _a2 out reasonably quickly with adjusted layout and health packs and stuff... but time got the better of me and now I have not much time for mapping so _a1 will be the only playable version for a while now.
I don't think I've added health packs or ammo to the first alpha release of any of my maps, I like to see where players go to hide/ambush/set up senteries/etc before I choose where to give advantages or disadvantages.
Don't worry, It will be properly textured with exactly the same style as normal TF2 maps ;)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
No not yet, _a3 (skipped _a2, went straight to _a3 for continuety) is now live on the colts playground teamplay server (may or maynot be in the rotation I've not checked yet) and I suspect I will do one more alpha version before I move it into beta, then I'll get bucket loads of screens upand publish it here for more open testing.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
http://forums.tf2maps.net/blog.php?b=79 says:

Now plays fantasticly, only a few minor tweaks to gameplay and thats it only 'beautification' left to do :w00t:
All the adjustements detailed in my previous blog post work really well, no point is now too easy to defend and we managed to see all three stages twice (out of 4 attempts) And as always there was a few random people playing who aren't from colts playground who said things like "Whilst the textures still need work the map is definatly very fun" which just made us laugh.
I'm looking forward to using snipergen's cart model, the dirty bomb, in the next release (which will probably be quite a while from now as I've lots of detailing to do.) I think I'll pick a few areas and do step-by-step blogs on them (any requests on what you want to see step-by-step?)

So I'll just repeat myself because I feel like typing it all over again, pl_hoodoo now plays really well all three stages are accessable and yet a good defending team will be able to hold the attackers off (at any point)
So now this map will dissapear into the deep dark relms of my computer and you won't be able to play a new version for many many weeks, until it is pretty much totally detailed, at which point it will go far more public, being posted here as a public beta and posibly even FPSbanana aswell (I'm still not convinced releasing a beta there is worth it)
Any suggestions you have make em now ;)
If not, jump on the CP teamplay server and give it a spin! (yes I know the ambulance model's textures didn't get pakratted in, I assumed they would be..)
Oh yes, the next version should have the dirty bomb as the cart model :thumbup: snipergen you rock!!!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The man with the pink avy is a legend :thumbup1:

dirtybombcart2hk9.jpg

dirtybombcartuz6.jpg

Ninja edit: I'm just going to go find a sutble ticking sound now ;)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The man with the pink avy is a legend :thumbup1:

dirtybombcart2hk9.jpg

dirtybombcartuz6.jpg

Ninja edit: I'm just going to go find a sutble ticking sound now ;)

*steal*

Looks bloody awesome man.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007

If I may be so bold could I ask you to use the red one?
Would just mean I have less competition for awesomeness :tongue_smilie:

But of course it is totally up to you which one you use as I am in no posisition to stop you using it.

Oxy, the size is fine, as long as its not near any of the other vehicles you would never notice it is small.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
I think it would be cool to add some progressive trigger_hurts to the train so you get hurt more as you get closer to the bomb. I mean, the thing's freakin radioactive!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I think thats too much. Players get to move the cart by standing near it but also get hurt?
I think if there is an explosion at the end now though it will be small yet all the players within a large radius will suffer - radiation an all..

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
As I said in the latest blog post

I think I'll pick a few areas and do step-by-step blogs on them (any requests on what you want to see step-by-step?

I've already started work on detailing it so if you want to know how I do an area step by step say it soon.

Update on the cart: it now 'tick tock tick tock tick tock.....'s though out the whole map and once it gets to the fincal capture point 'drrrriiiiinnnggg' the alarm goes off. Its terrifying stuff.

Dec 25, 2007
I've already started work on detailing it so if you want to know how I do an area step by step say it soon.
Yes!

Update on the cart: it now 'tick tock tick tock tick tock.....'s though out the whole map and once it gets to the fincal capture point 'drrrriiiiinnnggg' the alarm goes off. Its terrifying stuff.
And that sounds awesome. Lucky for the attackers that they manage to time the final push just right so the bomb goes off when it reaches the target, eh? :p

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
oh yeah :p

I Think that if the attackers fail and time runs out (at any stage) the alarm will go off and any in proximity will be fataly iradiated