[OFFICIAL] TF2Maps Arctic Theme Pack Thread

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I made a dumb sound clip! if anyone wants to see it! i added a couple TF2 Sound lines and turned them down! kinda cool! private msg me if you want to do something with it! i dont know how to make sound mods for hammer!

I think you have the wrong thread mate. This is the real deal, not a mod. We're making artistic assets for mappers to use in their maps, ranging from models and textures to new and/or improved particles. Not some "dumb sound clip".

griffinkey64

L1: Registered
Jan 28, 2015
I think you have the wrong thread mate. This is the real deal, not a mod. We're making artistic assets for mappers to use in their maps, ranging from models and textures to new and/or improved particles. Not some "dumb sound clip".

Lol meant to say for the thread, snowy rough winds lol, :p

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Audacity and a sound clip I found and edited it a little
I'm a pretty big sound mod maker!

So, I guess I have to be the legal guy and ask how you got the sound clips?
Also, could you possibly put the audacity project out to the public? Of course anyone that modifies it will give you credit for creating the original, but I can imagine road testing it a lot in game and wanting to lower something like the wind sound.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also a good soundscape should loop seamlessly.

griffinkey64

Jan 28, 2015
So, I guess I have to be the legal guy and ask how you got the sound clips?
Also, could you possibly put the audacity project out to the public? Of course anyone that modifies it will give you credit for creating the original, but I can imagine road testing it a lot in game and wanting to lower something like the wind sound.

well, youtube would that be a problem, a download link was given! and i cut just a bit of it!

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Youtube isn't the copyright holder. You have to find the actual person who holds the rights to the clip. That may not be the uploader of the clip.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Edit: Look below at iiboharz's post.

I just released cp_permafrost, in which I plan to incorporate the Arctic Theme Pack assets.

Also, if I may butt into the above conversation, griffinkey64, if you're interested in creating a soundscape without going through all this legal trouble, try to find some sound clips under Creative Commons attribution. I know you've just gone through all the trouble to create this particular soundscape, but for future reference, CC is the way to go.

Here's the perfect video to explain how CC works.

Last edited:

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Also, if I may butt into the above conversation, griffinkey64, if you're interested in creating a soundscape without going through all this legal trouble, try to find some sound clips under Creative Commons attribution. I know you've just gone through all the trouble to create this particular soundscape, but for future reference, CC is the way to go.

Here's the perfect video to explain how CC works.

I would prefer anything you make for the pack is entirely your own content. Remember: this is a pack of content that could be potentially bought by Valve or shared around, we don't need licenses, even if it's creative-commons, muddling up how people are able to use the pack.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I would prefer anything you make for the pack is entirely your own content. Remember: this is a pack of content that could be potentially bought by Valve or shared around, we don't need licenses, even if it's creative-commons, muddling up how people are able to use the pack.

Noted. Thanks.

griffinkey64

Jan 28, 2015
Hmmm it's pretty windy here I guess, maybe I'll go outside and climb a hill and record some sound

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014

What if your item is a parody or a reference to something. Is that legal?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So is anybody making the snowblower train? Otherwise I will do that (at least the model. I can't texture for shit, so if someone is interested into helping me in that that'd be great. Same goes for collision model.)

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
So is anybody making the snowblower train? Otherwise I will do that (at least the model. I can't texture for shit, so if someone is interested into helping me in that that'd be great. Same goes for collision model.)

What kind of snowblow train are you talking about?
And I would like to help with textures.