[OFFICIAL] TF2Maps Arctic Theme Pack Thread

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I would say talk to Mangy, but it appears as if his steam and all associated contacts has gone... well... missing.

Really? Doesn't look that way to me. Then again this wouldn't be the first time I thought I'd tracked someone down only to find that it was someone else who's using their name... today. :cursing:

PyroDevil

L3: Member
Sep 19, 2014
Ztm3sTj.jpg

Thought a metal/snow blend texture would be useful for any arctic maps.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I figure this type of train would do well in the pack. I can't model for shit, however.

Giant-Snow-Blower-Train-2.jpg

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Oh, maybe steam was down and being hiccupy when I went looking for him before.... weird.
For the record I clicked the link from the wiki's Yukon entry. Easier than trusting the search function, because anyone can change their name or URL. (I actually ended up friending the wrong person this way when I went looking for TimberGhost.)

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
For the record I clicked the link from the wiki's Yukon entry. Easier than trusting the search function, because anyone can change their name or URL. (I actually ended up friending the wrong person this way when I went looking for TimberGhost.)

We need everything from this map.

He did some AMAZING work on it.

Honestly. This should've been one of the Mountain Lab versions.

Last edited:

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Oh hey yeah... how the heck did I not even make the connection? I was just trying to get ahold of him for his wood floor texture. >_< Yes, I will definitely bring it up if he ever comes back online and accepts my request.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I think everything in that map can be done better with today's systems.

Makes sense. That map was last compiled 5 years ago, but still, the modeling and material work on that map is blowing a lot of similar stuff made today (including official stuff) out of the water.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Oh hey yeah... how the heck did I not even make the connection? I was just trying to get ahold of him for his wood floor texture. >_< Yes, I will definitely bring it up if he ever comes back online and accepts my request.

According to Steam he's still quite active. Last online was 19 days ago.

I'm surprised he spent so much time on this map. He only played TF2 for 199 hours. Dota 2 is now his main game.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So is there any way to make water "solid" to walk on without the need for an additional brush? It'd make my clear ice thing much easier to do.

PyroDevil

L3: Member
Sep 19, 2014
So in the last thread, Mudpie mentioned that a full Icebreaker model would probably not get much use, which I can understand. So, an alternative to a full model is to make a hull model, with a red and blu skin, and have it so the rest of the ship created from brushes. Sorta like the ship from tc_meridian.
Example: This was created using the hull of the tc_meridian ship
KhGnmOM.png

Last edited: