New TF2Maps.net look!

Do you like the new TF2Maps.net look?

• Total voters

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI8I6qcxWyU"]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow[/ame]

This is the first thing that popped in my mind when seeing the new layout...

Ace

L3: Member
Feb 15, 2008
the stats log show one person using that resolution, and i just found him :p

there is a fluid version of the theme, but our previous one was fluid, so fixed is something new.

@ the member who asked about choice, yes there is that option. we *might* implement it and let users choose.

All for fluid!!!

Get a nice 24" screen and someone goes and ruins it by fixing the width so its the same as if I was on a 17" :p

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
pfft! i have 24inch with 1920x1600

i looove fixed =)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
^ i never use fullscreen browser either.

I have all these screens on my desktop, AoC/TF2, firefox,tf2 steam channel, ventrilo list.

takes up everything =)

I play all my games windowed for the same reason.

Ace

Feb 15, 2008
pfft! i have 24inch with 1920x1600

i looove fixed =)

12:10 What sort of aspect ratio is that?
A sort of half-arsed widescreen :p

Yea, big is beautiful, but I try and fullscreen everything. Just personal preference but I can't understand why anyone would waste display NOT showing TF2

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
1024 fixed width + vertical scrollbar = more than 1024. Which means, I end up with a horizontal scrollbar for letting me see the 16 pixels or so hidden on the right, which is annoying to have.
However, I will not vote until I've been looking at it for awhile, so that my opinion can be more accurate.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
I don't know, call me crazy, but I think the old one looked more modern and slick. This one feels dated, but I'm not sure why.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Pft, this is why you need to dual monitor. Firefox stays permanently up for me on my 17" so I can use my 24 as a real workspace.
Then you don't have to use fixed!
Also, with the right plugins, multimonitor is amazing; adding shortcuts that let you maximize the current window to the other screen makes work quite fast.

Corion

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
Some more contrast between the different grays would be nice.

The Orange could be brighter. We could definitely use a bright TF2 banner to add some color.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
You made the text smaller...there's no reason to have it tiny... Granted, I can just increase the text size client side, but I'd have to do it for every page...

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
1024 fixed width + vertical scrollbar = more than 1024. Which means, I end up with a horizontal scrollbar for letting me see the 16 pixels or so hidden on the right, which is annoying to have.
However, I will not vote until I've been looking at it for awhile, so that my opinion can be more accurate.
i have a plugin for firefox that lets me change the resolution on my browser, and just noticed this on 1024. i might shrink up the width a bit to adjust for this.

thanks.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
You made the text smaller...there's no reason to have it tiny... Granted, I can just increase the text size client side, but I'd have to do it for every page...

out of protests i'm going to type all my further posts with size 1. :mad:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Boojam is right, random scroll bar for like 16 pixels, wtf? :s

I agree with Vander, the old one was slick and modern, and though it wasn't interesting it didn't need to be; we're supposed to be reading people's posts not eying out the intense orange bars between them. Atleast up the "brightness" of the orange making it more white, the contrast is a bit much. I find it clashes (atleast without black text).

I plan to get dual monitors, finally; when i move house on the 15th :D

Ace

Feb 15, 2008
i have a plugin for firefox that lets me change the resolution on my browser, and just noticed this on 1024. i might shrink up the width a bit to adjust for this.

thanks.

:O Wrong way, make it wider not narrower.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Ok, here is a screenshot of me viewing the forums:

I like the look of the new theme, but I hate the fact that it is fixed width.

I run at 1680x1050, with a 1024 fixed width theme, it is wasting almost 40% of my screen area.

While yes, this theme looks better than the last one, it is much more annoying to read the forums with.

Can we at least get an option to use the fixed vs. fluid theme?