New TF2Maps.net look!

Do you like the new TF2Maps.net look?

• Total voters

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
in all honest, i think this one looks a little more professional and sleek/clean.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Not cookies but I did some other tinkering behind the scenes and I'm getting the new one now

I didn't tell you this last night but it really reminds me of some zelda gameboy game or something :thumbup1:

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I 2nd the request that we use the fluid theme...

I run 1680x1050 on my home PC and its pretty annoying to have 50% of the screen just a blank background pattern. Its not so bad on my laptop which has a size of 1280x800, but there is still about 3 inches of just blank nothingness on the sides...

Is there some advantage to a fixed width? If not I say we use this same theme but with the fluid dimensions.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I think the new theme is nice but a TF2ish theme would be awesome!

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I 2nd the request that we use the fluid theme...

I run 1680x1050 on my home PC and its pretty annoying to have 50% of the screen just a blank background pattern. Its not so bad on my laptop which has a size of 1280x800, but there is still about 3 inches of just blank nothingness on the sides...

Is there some advantage to a fixed width? If not I say we use this same theme but with the fluid dimensions.
there is no absolute reason why its fixed. a nice little change of pace is kind of nice once in a while IMO.

adding custom graphics to a fixed version is a little more simple than a fluid. since in the fluid, the graphic will move according to the browsers resolution.

again, there is no *REAL* reason why we went with fixed instead of fluid.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
I like this one, the orange matches our banner :)

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
The colors seem washed out and desaturated compared to the old theme. I like the visual style, but the colors are meh. Not enough contrast.
the old theme was just text on white :thumbdown:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The old text on white was a bit dull, but it looked very sleek, I think for this style the burnt orange should be made a bit deeper and then a slightly better colour than the green should be picked (no idea what though, nothing is green these days, it just seems odd to have green lol)

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
the old theme was just text on white :thumbdown:

By that logic this theme is just text on cream. =P

Anyway, please don't ignore my comments on color and contrast. I feel like I'm viewing this site through a thick fog now. Set the fog controller's max density to 0.5 and up the Fog End distance some. ;)

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
By that logic this theme is just text on cream. =P

Anyway, please don't ignore my comments on color and contrast. I feel like I'm viewing this site through a thick fog now. Set the fog controller's max density to 0.5 and up the Fog End distance some. ;)
IC what you did there

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
This style is much cleaner and more mature. Clearly an improvement, nice work!

trainRiderJ

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 14, 2008
Lets go with maroon for greater contrast and a bit classier look :)

Also it was a nice catch on the arcade cause I keep checking each day to see if people are going to finish their tournament matches but they never do :(

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Lets go with maroon for greater contrast and a bit classier look :)

Also it was a nice catch on the arcade cause I keep checking each day to see if people are going to finish their tournament matches but they never do :(
well shit, i just got eliminated :(