New TF2Maps.net look!

Do you like the new TF2Maps.net look?

• Total voters

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Ok, here is a screenshot of me viewing the forums:

I like the look of the new theme, but I hate the fact that it is fixed width.

I run at 1680x1050, with a 1024 fixed width theme, it is wasting almost 40% of my screen area.

While yes, this theme looks better than the last one, it is much more annoying to read the forums with.

Can we at least get an option to use the fixed vs. fluid theme?
your image isnt showing up :(

we should have the fluid theme up and running by tomorrow. we will be giving members the option for this theme on fluid vs fixed.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
ill never understand why you people have firefox on full screen...
granted...having multiple monitors might explain it a bit...

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
ill never understand why you people have firefox on full screen...
granted...having multiple monitors might explain it a bit...

Dual Screen :)

I was rocking the triple screen, but the CRT outputs heat like nobodies business.

And it looks like Dumped Image is still having issues, because I can see the picture fine...

In anycase, here is a copy from Image Cow:
jcjfvs3vqow5f2w269i%5B1%5D.png

Ace

L3: Member
Feb 15, 2008
I think the links need to be made orange or something like before because at the monet if I link in the text it only appears like this which is not amazingly obvious or easy to find if you are scanning through the text for it

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I think the links need to be made orange or something like before because at the monet if I link in the text it only appears like this which is not amazingly obvious or easy to find if you are scanning through the text for it
thanks.

ill experiment with orange bold and see how that looks.

thanks for the suggestions :)

Arhurt

L6: Sharp Member
May 7, 2008
The notice is pretty visible.

Maybe a little too visible, me hates scrolling down to read important posts!!!!

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
The theme in and of itself is sleek and clean. But, to me, it looks like just an overused, eyeburning "web 2.0" forum style, with more intent towards shiny, bright colors than actual function and readability.

I much prefer the old one.

Dec 25, 2007
My biggest complaints about this theme (and why I voted hate):

1. Text contrast is much too low. Either make the text background lighter, or make the text darker. It's quite tiring to read right now.

2. Orange bars catch the eye, but are pointless; just a big orange empty bar between posts.

3. The current fixed width is bad. And for the opposite reason most people here are saying---it doesn't need to be wider (who wants to have to read lines of text a foot wide?), but it needs to work with a narrower browser. I used to run the old one at a width of about 650 pixels so that the lines of text were a reasonable length.

It's good to see you're trying out new stuff with the forum though. Keep it up!