Model Need a Metal Table, Like One you'd See in an Old Factory

HarnandoDisoto

L1: Registered
Jul 28, 2016
Believe it or not, somehow this model has yet to exist In Tf2 already some how. Mostly relating to something "workstation like" like that found similarly to that of Fallout 4's Workstation. I mean seriously how has no one made this?

Perhaps more similarly to a "greenish Copper rust" Version of this?

bench-a109p-HD%20Lab%20Table.JPG

Or this?

255038.jpeg

All I know is I want it to be "long" and bland like your visiting a prehistoric rustic old abandoned School in Manhattan or something, whilst fitting into the tf2 art style Appropriately. With Red and Blu Variants along with the aformentioned Sandy Green Rusty one I mentioned earlier. (Possibly "Pull-able" Drawer version for SFM, if possible, I know that's extra to ask, but in the case I'd like to use it in SFM, I'd appreciate it too.)

That's All I'm asking. Thanks.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Simple props like this tend not to exist because brushwork versions of them are often quicker to produce and are much more versatile. Here's something I whipped up in Hammer:

slun50x.png

It's not as detailed as a model could be, and it also isn't going to work for any potential SFM applications (unless you exported it), but I think artists have to decide for themselves how they value their time and how many hours they want to put into a desk. You should also ask yourself how much attention you want to draw to the desk and if the amount of detail in the desk reflects that.

(I've also attached the desk as a .vmf for convenience. Up to you if you want to use it, credit me if you're feeling generous.)

Attachments

• table.vmf
    22.2 KB · Views: 149

HarnandoDisoto

L1: Registered
Jul 28, 2016
Simple props like this tend not to exist because brushwork versions of them are often quicker to produce and are much more versatile. Here's something I whipped up in Hammer:

slun50x.png

It's not as detailed as a model could be, and it also isn't going to work for any potential SFM applications (unless you exported it), but I think artists have to decide for themselves how they value their time and how many hours they want to put into a desk. You should also ask yourself how much attention you want to draw to the desk and if the amount of detail in the desk reflects that.

(I've also attached the desk as a .vmf for convenience. Up to you if you want to use it, credit me if you're feeling generous.)

The reason Why I'm asking here, (and I appreciate the help,) is more because I believe anyway, that a modeler can put more "pop-out" surface wise, as well as texture wise, (using Custom Textures made just for the model.) For a good example of this, say I wanted a TV in relations to the old Brown boxes you see in cartoons. Yes I can make a Box roblox style to the the appearance to the object, but I know there can be a bit more vertices to the image that can't be just implemented cutting triangles to make a slightly curved screen. To that what you will yes, and I will use this for now, but I feel like explaining why I'm asking here, so Thanks.

UPDATE: I Almost forgot to ask, With Everything Being Said though, I am going to need to request someone Make a Generic Rusty Sand Green Texture for the Table, If I am going to work from Scratch here, and maybe an More "Manufactured" Light Brown Wood "Tree Trunk" texture for the Wood on top. For reference to the First texture, something related to this:

outstanding-cheap-foldable-tables-cool-small-fold-away-table-awesome-pool-dining-large-jpg-home-design.jpg

But a LOT more Saturated to a Deeper green to Contrast from just any other Ordinary Half Life Texture (also being able to be rapped around an object naturally in "repeated" patterns). Also with Red and Blu Variants of that same Texture thank you :3

Last edited: