CP Mineworks

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
So, now that second has undergone massive improvements, people are able to tell me the sole errors with the map to make it feel less... bad

A: The path from mid to second is cramped and horrible
B: Last is hard to attack and spammy

Other than that, everything seems to be doing pretty OK! :lol:

However I'm gonna take a break from this map for a while. There's something else in my head that I want to become a reality.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
in my opinion, adding "Works" to the end of something is just uncreative and lazy naming.

Glassworks is named after this album. Only after I named it and it became widely spread did I realize how used 'works names were. It gets compared to Metalworks all the time now because of it during comp tests. Even so much as some people assuming it's a remake of that map before they play it.

I regret naming it Glassworks.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Glassworks is named after this album. Only after I named it and it became widely spread did I realize how used 'works names were. It gets compared to Metalworks all the time now because of it during comp tests. Even so much as some people assuming it's a remake of that map before they play it.

I regret naming it Glassworks.

New name: cp_glasswater

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Last edited:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Hey, I was thinking about permanently changing the name of the map to Colorado, what with the mountain in the background

Does that sound any good?

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Okay, so, sadly I have decided to abandon this map :C
And It'll be up on the orphaned map repository soon.
Now I know I said I wouldn't get rid of this map, but I have 3 good reasons:

A: Making this map started to bore me for some reason
B: I hit the "oh sh*t I can't fix it" crash and finally realized that the map IS to small and it IS a problem. I faced reality, and it punched me in the face.
C: (This is what really pushed me to the decision) I got my hands on a really nice orphaned map that I'd like to work with. If working with it makes me lose my god damn mind, then I'll probably get back to work on this.

The main reason I decided I couldn't fix it anymore was because I was burned out on ideas to fix the map, and I finally faced the fact that mid is tiny, dank, flat, and dumb. A lot of this map my mind has just gotten too burned out to fix, so I figured that I'd start on some new map later with a better base.

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
Do you really need to orphanize it? Can't you just let it sit for a while, still belonging to you, but just in development limbo?

You should put it to "I'm not motivated to do this map now" category

Jigen

L1: Registered
Oct 18, 2009
You should put it to "I'm not motivated to do this map now" category

I agree. I had to do the same thing while I was busy with my semester, and the break ended up being for the best because when I came back to it I knew exactly what I wanted to do and finished what I started.