Minecraft Server - RULES/WHITELIST [Updated 9-15-11]

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Lord Ned, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasputin

Rasputin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Minecraft username: Irishwristwatch

2. Lord Ned

Lord Ned L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Some of you need to fully read the OP still.

3. Rasputin

Rasputin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    On that note, I'd like to ask to let my friend, Vaalar94 on the server. He's a cool kat, trust me.

Yes, I'll be responsible for him and make him eat his green veggies and whatnot.

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Well hopefully 1.9 will be more stable as it's basically a hotfix for 1.8 because of its instability.

Any word on a world reset for 1.9? Been playing a little bit more on the server and wondering how much time to invest in questing for resources. I know we spoke in chat about it but it'll probably be beneficial for everyone else to understand where we stand on this subject. Otherwise you'll get the ye olde "OMG, nobody said that'd happen" complaints.

5. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Something to bear in mind is that people stop playing when you say you're gonna wipe. So if you do it, don't do it again for a long time.

6. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    There isn't really another big update coming soon, so I wouldn't mind a reset. Everyone seems to hate a mountain castle anyway.

7. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Fuck mountains
    Fuck castles
    Fuck mountain castles

I wouldn't mind a wipe. I've nothing incredibly valuable and it starting over always feels cool.

8. Harribo

aa Harribo

Positive Ratings:
    I thought us wiping for 1.9 was a given so it's fine with me.

Are we going to wipe the server the instant 1.9 comes out or wait for the nessersary plugins to update first? I don't really want to have the server wipe on the day of release for 1.9, us all to pile in there for the first night in the new place and then have another rollback because you need to to install the 1000 block or whatever terrain limit plugin, that would be annoying.

9. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I talked with matt a bunch one day, and the point of my discussion was: update the server immediately so we have any bugfixes/items and no conflicts if clients want to update, though since nobody plays anymore that hardly matters. Then when bukkit and all the plugins are ready then we could wipe.

DISCLAIMER: matt never agreed or disagreed with this, it is just what I was presenting to him.

10. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    The only reason for the wipe is because 1.9 is what 1.8 should have been. 1.8 is missing a ton of shit and is as unstable as a coffee table balanced ontop of 2 people trying to fuck on 1 leg.

Wiping isn't something Matt wants to make a habit of and we should have Big Brother for people who are impuslive enough to go around blowing each others houses up.

11. Freyja

aa Freyja It hurt itself in it's confusion!

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't experienced any instability in 1.8.

12. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Presumably you're playing 1.8.1 but it still has memory leaks out the arse. Hense, 1.9.

13. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    My vote (assuming this is a democracy) is to wait until the plugins are updated before the server wipe. Additionally, I would like to see us build a structured and not too over the top town as we initially planned before 1.8, because that would be nice.

14. Harribo

aa Harribo

Positive Ratings:
    Bumping this because I want to know when are we wiping the server and restarting then?

15. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    When bukkit and plugins are up to date, I believe.

16. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Nobody knows because nobody knows about 1.9 first there were no release dates, then when there were, they kept changing.

Apparently MC is leaving beta soon but i havn't really been keeping track as much as i used to since... Skyrim.

17. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    It left beta last friday

18. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Matt said that he wants to wait until everything is stable and stuff so we can start out right. I'm assuming this means two weeks or so.

19. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Hm, so any news with a new environment yet? It's been a while since i set foot in even the PS server, kinda wondering about this as i feel like dabbling in MC again now the Skyrim craze has died down.

20. AngryAngus

AngryAngus L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    AngryAngus (Minecraft), if the server is still up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.