Map feedback has never been easier

RagnarHomsar

L2: Junior Member
Aug 22, 2010
I don't know if it's related to the Feedback system or not, but I can't find the demos from today's Gameday anywhere. I wanted to take a look at Process' demo, but I can't find it on the Feedback Gameday page.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
How can I make events on the feedback part of the site?

I like to host impromptus and it might be cool to organize the maps.

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Having the time left at end of round next to the length of round would be nice, it's easy to figure out from the length for some maps but not for others and having it there would save alot of effort in the long run, especially when balancing multi-stage maps

once again thanks for this wonderful tool

Last edited:

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
well I guess it's just site staff/server admins that can do that

nevermind D:

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
I noticed the finished/delete thing. That looks cool too.

Noticed something weird though so I'm not sure what the deal is.

We played cp_original_a22b on the US server on Sun, the comments and rounds info is all there (3 rounds, Blu 2, Red 1). Tonight we played it on The Cafe sever, the comments are there, but the round info isn't. (Still says Blu 2, Red 1)

-----
edit

Couple more questions

1- a few of my maps, like the current version have the round wins in orange, but most maps are white. What does that mean?

2- YM's map has stats from a bunch of rounds (39), but I know he has been updating frequently. He's got it listed as 'Strata', I've got mine listed by version numbers. Does that have an effect on the rounds being combined or not?

Last edited:

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
I noticed the finished/delete thing. That looks cool too.

Noticed something weird though so I'm not sure what the deal is.

We played cp_original_a22b on the US server on Sun, the comments and rounds info is all there (3 rounds, Blu 2, Red 1). Tonight we played it on The Cafe sever, the comments are there, but the round info isn't. (Still says Blu 2, Red 1)

-----
edit

Couple more questions

1- a few of my maps, like the current version have the round wins in orange, but most maps are white. What does that mean?

2- YM's map has stats from a bunch of rounds (39), but I know he has been updating frequently. He's got it listed as 'Strata', I've got mine listed by version numbers. Does that have an effect on the rounds being combined or not?

1. The rounds tracker went in a few revisions after the copy of the plugin the Cafe is running, and they've yet to update to the latest revision.

more:

1. Not sure what you mean, screenshot, link and browser version would be nice for this one as it doesn't sound like intended behavior.

2. No, it doesn't, everything is grouped by map file name (can't be changed) - YM has actually got people to play a round of strata that many times for each revision

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
OK, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm using Firefox (current update vers). Weird thing is right now none of the links are orange so can't get screen grab but next time I see it I will. I've seen it a few times and it'll go away. Probably no big deal as it doesn't effect anything.

I just thought it meant something as all the text was orange when the rest were white.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Just a quick notice:

Steam's new "Machine Authentication" extends to the browser, if you have your browser set not to keep cookies beyond browser close, You will be asked to enter a authentication code every time you try to login through Steam. - You can prevent this by forcing cookies from Steam Community to persist (Guides to do this below), but you must still enter this Authentication code at least once.

P.S - For now this only applies if you have enrolled in the Steam Beta, it will come global soon though.

Firefox 3 + 4 Cookie persisting:

1. Hit 'LALT' if menu bar is not displayed.
  2. Go to Tools->Options on the menu bar.
  3. Go to the Privacy Tab
  4. Change 'Firefox will:' to 'Use custom settings for history'
  5. Make sure 'Automatically start firefox in private browsing mode' or 'Permanent private browsing mode' is unchecked.
  6. Tick 'Accept Cookies from sites'
  7. Set 'Keep until:' to whatever you want
  8. Click the 'Exceptions' Button.
  9. Type 'steamcommunity.com' into the 'Address of website:' text box
  10. Click the 'Allow' button
  11. Repeat for 'steampowered.com'
  12. Click 'Close'
  13. If you have 'Clear history when firefox closes' click the 'Settings' button along side it.
  14. Make sure the 'Cookies' box is unchecked
  15. Press OK.
  16. Press OK.

Chrome Cookie persisting:
  1. Glick on the Wrench icon in the top right, select 'Options' from the dropdown
  2. Go to the 'Under the Bonnet' Tab
  3. Click the 'Content Settings' button
  4. Select 'Cookies' from the combo box.
  5. Click the 'Exceptions' Button.
  6. Type 'steamcommunity.com' into the 'Address of website:' text box
  7. Click the 'Allow' button
  8. Repeat for 'steampowered.com'
  9. Make sure the 'Block all third-party cookies without exception' box is unchecked
  10. Click 'Close'
  11. Click 'Close'

Internet Explorer Cookie persisting:
Jump off a cliff.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Suggestion: When downloading an annotations vmf, it'll include the ones already marked as "completed." Can it leave the "completed" ones out of the vmf? It's a little annoying to weed out the ones you've already finished. :)

If someone really needs the full list they can just tag them as "uncompleted" before download.

Last edited:

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Suggestion: When downloading an annotations vmf, it'll include the ones already marked as "completed." Can it leave the "completed" ones out of the vmf? It's a little annoying to weed out the ones you've already finished. :)

If someone really needs the full list they can just tag them as "uncompleted" before download.

Kep
Done.

Timberjaw

L2: Junior Member
Nov 6, 2009
This looks completely amazing.

Two questions:
1. How do I add my map to the list?
2. A few people in this thread have asked if/when the plugin will be available for use on other servers, and have received the response "at some point". Is that still planned?

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I have another couple of suggestions. :)

Right now, I'm seeing a lot of rounds ending with 0 players, or less than 3. Not just for my maps, but for other people's as well.

I'd like to have a "player threshold" option, where I can put in a number for that map and have all rounds with less players not count towards the win/loss ratio. This way maps where there were only two tiny teams of 2-3 players can be ignored for maps designed for 9v9 or higher. On the stat list, rounds that do not meet the threshold are still visible but are maybe greyed out or something.

Additionally, for the player count I'd like to see it as two numbers: the amount of players at the start of the round, and the amount of players at the end. This would be very useful to determine if your map is driving people off.