Map feedback has never been easier

Sep 12, 2008
Note to Geit:

12:37 - DaBeatzProject: hey geit
12:37 - DaBeatzProject: Can you make some sort of script that automatically ads round scores to feedback.tfmaps.net?
12:37 - DaBeatzProject: to get some track on win/loss ratio
12:38 - [GM] Geit: I could
12:38 - DaBeatzProject: :eek:
12:38 - [GM] Geit: Put it in the thread and I might remember when I've finished working#

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Might just be an error, but...
ss20110117141526.png

I'm pretty sure I won't be leaving feedback an hour from now.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Note to Geit:

Got the logging core for this done. - I'll start working on the web panel side over the coming days.

Here's What's Tracked.

• Map File Name (Obviously)
  • Length of the round
  • The ending time of the round
  • The team which won, as an interger.
  • The reason they won, as an interger (Going to have to work out the codes for this)
  • The Score for each team
  • The Previous Score for each team
  • Whether the round was sudden death or not.
  • Whether it is the last round in the map or not
  • Rounds left in the map (If the above is true)
  • Player count at the time of Round End
That should allow us to calculate length and score averages for each round or mini-round, among some other things.

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Nice that we're tracking the round wins and everything, but it would be better if it told us how many rounds were played. 100% wins on 1 round is different from 100% wins on 4 rounds.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Going to start work on the detailed round stats tonight, how would you guys prefer it to be laid out?

Option 1:

Rounds are grouped by "rounds remaining" so you get an information block with win rate, round length average score etc. with an overall stats block at the top for each mini-round in the map (if it has them) or just one information block (if you map doesn't have mini-rounds)

Option 2:

The exact results for each round are output in their own block, these would not be grouped and would be ordered by the time of the round. You would get information such as the length of the round, win reason, score, etc.

Option 3:

A mix of Option 1 and 2.

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
I'd say option two. Something like this would require a good amount of analysis.

RagnarHomsar

L2: Junior Member
Aug 22, 2010
Ragnar | TFKrew: uh
Ragnar | TFKrew: trying to download the Strata .dem from today's EU gameday on TF2M's Feedback page
Ragnar | TFKrew: causes a bunch of jibberish to fill up the page
1. aaaaaslunchy: D:
Matt | Accepting TF2 Item Ideas deploys the Geit symbol
YM: the .dems get posted to the feedback site?
YM: neat
Matt | Accepting TF2 Item Ideas: When it works, yes. :v
Ragnar | TFKrew: http://feedback.tf2maps.net/event/50/
Ragnar | TFKrew: The demos from today's Gameday
Ragnar | TFKrew: right now they just cause my screen to fill up with jibberish
Matt | Accepting TF2 Item Ideas: oh
Matt | Accepting TF2 Item Ideas: You need to right click save link/target as
Snacks is now playing a game. Click here to join.
Geit | GM: Put it in the thread
Reposting this from the Steam Chat.

tl;dr: Trying to download demos of the Sunday EU Gameday causes my browser to fill up with jibberish. To actually get them to save, I need to right click and Save Link/Target As.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Chat also wants an unhide button on completed feedback, just to see what's been completed.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Reposting this from the Steam Chat.

tl;dr: Trying to download demos of the Sunday EU Gameday causes my browser to fill up with jibberish. To actually get them to save, I need to right click and Save Link/Target As.
Fixed, as you saw.

Chat also wants an unhide button on completed feedback, just to see what's been completed.

Done.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Requesting feedback rating: a simple plus/minus button through which the author of the map can rate feedback. The good feedback percentage could perhaps be shown on the TF2M userpages, maybe even below the Thanks count beside every post.

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
Not to make too many demands of you all at once, but one thing I think might be useful is to have the player's team and/or class next to each piece of feedback. It might not be completely necessary in most situations, but it would make things clearer when people, say, refer to the distance from spawn (which spawn?)

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Requesting feedback rating: a simple plus/minus button through which the author of the map can rate feedback. The good feedback percentage could perhaps be shown on the TF2M userpages, maybe even below the Thanks count beside every post.

I find this idea slightly absurd and I don't understand how it offers any significant benefit to the feedback system. Feedback is subjective and in most cases is only relevant to the author, so people wouldn't be inclined to upvote feedback to other maps. Regardless of that, giving people arbitrary points for feedback wouldn't do much to encourage people either. >.>

Not to make too many demands of you all at once, but one thing I think might be useful is to have the player's team and/or class next to each piece of feedback. It might not be completely necessary in most situations, but it would make things clearer when people, say, refer to the distance from spawn (which spawn?)

I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I said that only the author of the map would be able to vote on the feedback left on that map. The reason why I suggested this is that it could be used to show which users give good feedback, and which ones bad and could safely be ignored.