PL Manifest (Circuit PL) b1

Made by jakoman

1. jakoman

jakoman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This map goes in a circle like other popular payload maps.

Thanks to A Boojum Snark for the resource pack.
    And Ravidge for the lighting prefabs.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Looks pretty interesting, i think. Throw it up in a gameday.

3. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Looks cool, can't wait to test it.

4. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    a2: (hopefully) fixed a few glaring problems thanks to the impromptu from this morning.

5. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    Random thoughts from this morning's impromptu:

Biggest issue from this morning was sightlines imo, but those were probably a bigger problem than they would be usually since we only had about 4 people on each team. Still worth looking into though.

The cave area was really cool, although you should think about adding more paths into the cave, since Red only has one. Either that, or widen the main entrance.

The bridge area was pretty cool too, but I would maybe lower the bridge down to 128 or 192 units above the ground, as well as widen the bridge so more people can fight on it. Also, the deathpit is really strange - I think most people died in it because they were running backwards and didn't know it was there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    badwater does the 1 entrance thing and i think it makes it flow better for blu or something. idk its important and i think every a/d map does it in some way somewhat.

7. Valkyrie

aa Valkyrie

Positive Ratings:
    Was fun to trickstab for like 30 mins on this map :D

8. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, lots of changes for a3; thanks to everyone on the impromptus and especially Idolon for helpful input.

9. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, so while there was a lot of useful feedback from the gameday, I got the feeling the main issue was the sightlines after half the server switched to sniper. So I guess that's what I'll work on next.

Thanks everyone for playing.

10. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    this thing has potential but you best be downsizing it. a lot.

also some of the white walls especially the one near start are too damn blinding.

11. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, I don't think I'll be making any more big open arenas in the near future. Those sightlines were a royal pain in the ass to fix.

I still need to make a lot of areas easier to defend, but for now I'm pretty happy with the changes. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

12. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    Beta 1 now with hopefully more balanced gameplay. I finally tweaked the respawn times so that waves would be timed correctly, and now blue has a forward spawn after the 2nd point so you don't have to walk all the way like in badwater.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was looking at the top down - you have this nice winding track all over the place then when approaching the last part is all straightens out for a very long stretch compared to the rest of it. What's up with that? Maybe you should make it wind just a little more and then only straighten it out right at the very end?

14. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    I actually never thought about that before, Kill_the_Bug. Some people did complain about the last point on the last gameday, so that's probably something to look into if it proves as bland and gauntlet-y this time as well.

15. Valkyrie

aa Valkyrie

Positive Ratings:
    Man, I remember this map back in a2, its come a really long way since then, good job

16. Memefreak

Memefreak L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I found that RED just could not defend their territory. Yes, there are sentry and sniper spots, but they are out in the open. The payload just moved right on. I think you should have more chokepoints to keep the round going on longer.

17. I-Fling-Poo

I-Fling-Poo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Did a quick local test, found a clipping/skybox exploit right outside BLU first spawn.

[​IMG]

Engie can sentry jump up there, and build a tele exit, sentry, dispenser.... great spot! Should be fixed in next revision though. :)

Poo

18. jakoman

Positive Ratings:
    Ho damn, thanks man. Don't know how I let that one slip.