Major Mapping Contest #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
If we include four Novint overlays and models in the play area, can we also include some in the spawns (like those consoles?)

why would we limit the ammount of pimpage to novint you can give?:eek:hmy:

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Hmm gonna forget compiling my map for the moment and get on with this.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Plus you're not limited to the 2 flag mode. There are a variaty of ctf mode's available to you. I am going for a nuetral flag in the centre>attack enemy base with it mode. IE Invasion. This way you don't split the tiny 6 team up, both teams have the same objective.

Just saw this, sounds really cool. I might be going for something like this, if you dont mind :)

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
Think I'm going to be skipping this one, I came to realize while working on my previous map that I find the ctf game type incredibly dull :p.

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
have started mine :) Drawn out and started blocking. Bog standard ctf. Keeping it uber simple. As a new mapper, this is all rather exciting :) Nice one chaps. Good luck all : this will be fun.

Drexer

L2: Junior Member
Jun 23, 2009
Mind if I ask how many people have thought already about creating as an intel base the novint falcon handle?

PS: I obviously thought of it, but my map idea can't use it and still look fittingly.

Feb 17, 2009
Damn, i might pass this too. Its really hard to think of a decent ctf layout :(

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
Out of interest; once you stick your name on a blockout and put it on here are you limited to that map for the rest of the contest? If you change your mind can you delete that old thread and upload a new map?

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
have started mine :) Drawn out and started blocking. Bog standard ctf. Keeping it uber simple. As a new mapper, this is all rather exciting :) Nice one chaps. Good luck all : this will be fun.

Same :)

Although im focusing on nice architechture like nice slopes etc at moment although i thought that's gonna require careful lighting.

Also i think i've got it but i cant find it. What's the name of that tool to make impossible displacements?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Out of interest; once you stick your name on a blockout and put it on here are you limited to that map for the rest of the contest? If you change your mind can you delete that old thread and upload a new map?

We're not forcing you to comply with any regulations other than standard forum conduct until you submit the final map when the deadline looms.

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
so is it possible and allowed to have like a linear 5cp_ctf map? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.