Major Mapping Contest #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well, as long it isn't multi staged and is ctf, it would be allowed.

AND defines the winner as the team who capped the most flags in X amount of time. Assigning points for other things moves it into not allowed.

Martham112

L2: Junior Member
May 6, 2009
Does capping a flag count as holding it for a certain amount of time? That's what I plan to do with my map. After the time runs out, the winner is decided on the most "caps" or minutes with the flag in their possession.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Clarification request: "Class involvement".

Is that geared towards "normal" classes (Demo/Scout/Soldier/Medic), towards the "less-used" classes, or both?

Last edited:

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Clarification request: "Class involvement".

Is that geared towards "normal" classes (Demo/Scout/Soldier/Medic), towards the "less-used" classes, or both?
Ideally, you want to try and give all the classes a chance. Ultimately though, comp. teams will likely stick w/ the main classes regardless.

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
Yes! More maps for me to try out and test around. I'll be on gamedays when possible to help provide feedback, like "the intel should be in midair which can only be gotten thru rocket/sticky jumps."

Bad jokes aside, I can't wait to test them out when they're up.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Waaw, I'm surprised about the amount of CTF maps which just got released :O

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
We're allowed to work on are entry. You know like people have uploaded alpha's now. Can we work on those alpha's before entry.

And also i dont beleive it specified about custom content. Are we allowed to use customs by other people?

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
Are we allowed to upload our maps to a server and test them out with people BEFORE the deadline?

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
So the public release version is the one that gets entered?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Does capping a flag count as holding it for a certain amount of time? That's what I plan to do with my map. After the time runs out, the winner is decided on the most "caps" or minutes with the flag in their possession.

Sorry for the late reply, discussion with the site staff took place. What you're suggesting is essentially KOTH, which isn't CTF so we're going to say no.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Are we allowed to upload our maps to a server and test them out with people BEFORE the deadline?

Almost considering adding a rule that states you HAVE to have had it tested first :eek:hmy:

Yes please make use of our testing facilities, we'll be doing specific contest gamedays, normal gamedays and impromptu tests for as many maps as possible.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
So the public release version is the one that gets entered?

You submit your map in the submission thread once it appears towards the contest deadline. Only what you submit will be judged just like previous contests.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
not diggin the advertisement requirement.
Nobody really enjoys it. That's why our previous contests have only required 1 TF2M poster, and 2 for other sponsors. It's a nice way to show appreciation, especially since I never see anyone slapping a TF2M tag on their regular maps anyways (I'm looking at you, community :glare:). However, the fact of the matter is that Novint is shelling out big bank for this event, so we're going to make the contest worth their investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.