Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdef3

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2010
I was listening to the cevo map debate and your map was one of the only ones wanted by basically everyone. Congrats :thumbup:

Feb 14, 2008
I heard there were lots of people all for it, but those people remained eerily silent when it came to actually discuss the map.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I heard there were lots of people all for it, but those people remained eerily silent when it came to actually discuss the map.

Because they all liked the map, they had nothing bad to say about it. I was in vent when they were discussing it.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Due to the large amount of comp tf2 players saying that the map is too dark to see sometimes, I have decided to change the sky in the next version so its easier to see in the map. Personally, I like the new sky.

awulhd.jpg

noeetv.jpg

rumtck.jpg

Feb 17, 2009
Your versions are messed up as always. You should probably get a new name and start everything from beta at least.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Your versions are messed up as always. You should probably get a new name and start everything from beta at least.

that was uncalled for, others may agree we have all heard this a thousand times from everyone.

Just trying to prevent another flame war and thread purge

Last edited:

FishyFishy

L1: Registered
Nov 21, 2009
SWATY doesn't limit himself to the restrictions of Beta, Alpha and RC for a good reason: he doesn't want to be restricted.

He makes changes as they are needed, even if they slip through the cracks of other versions, and isn't scared to make a change requested however far he thinks it may be to final.

Who cares how it gets to final? I care about what the condition of the map when it gets there and when it gets there. I think you should do the same instead of cluttering the thread without any map related feedback.

Frush

L2: Junior Member
Jan 8, 2010
SWATY doesn't limit himself to the restrictions of Beta, Alpha and RC for a good reason: he doesn't want to be restricted.

He makes changes as they are needed, even if they slip through the cracks of other versions, and isn't scared to make a change requested however far he thinks it may be to final.

Who cares how it gets to final? I care about what the condition of the map when it gets there and when it gets there. I think you should do the same instead of cluttering the thread without any map related feedback.
Yes, but the thing is you get faulty information. If you start up a beta or rc map or whatever you expect a certain standard.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
There are some noticeable aesthetic issues with the new sky. For one, the 3D skybox fog is entirely off (it's a light blue). The skybox also looks like a box, and you can see clear right angles between gradients in the picture. You should probably get someone to reskin the alpine rocks to make them look like the desert ones, so as to avoid any major changes in gameplay in order to make them match the new theme.

Aug 23, 2008
Just had a really good pug on mainline. My thoughts are a bit scattered and I don't have much to offer, but the small health pack on the weird badlands style displacement in the left (long) path to middle needs to be reworked. Its really annoying trying to get that pack and as a medic running back to resupply I could see myself getting stuck for just .5 seconds and getting reamed by any spam.

I guess that left path seems to be the very dominant section of the map. The interior space between mid and 2nd is really hard to navigate and you get the hell spammed out of you trying to get out of it. The left path is longer, but it offers such a spam free avenue for approach, plus a bit of height, that I see teams using it almos exclusively to get to second. Just what I noticed anyway.

Last seems fun. The stairs are pretty fun to dance around on. However, I would watch the ledge below the point. Seems a pretty annoying place to get hung up on. Especially when combat gets so crazy.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
So what the fuck has swaty been working on for the past 2 weeks you might ask ? I'll tell you. Well, first, there is a whole new mid in rc4 because I wasn't satisfied with the old one because it was wide, boxy and gay. So I remade the whole mid. Also, I added a super sexy valley to that makes the map even better. There are a lot of huge changes that I have made to the map in rc4. I plan on releasing RC4 before cevo s5 starts. All the pro comp tf2 players that I have asked have said that they are in love with the new mid. The map is being tested privately by the k00l cevop kids. I have made other changes too but too lazy to take anymore pics.

vpfaqo.jpg

35cliyw.jpg

2qd09d3.jpg

aos86h.jpg

mrr7kx.jpg

xgidk0.jpg

30uvgk8.jpg

2a0b440.jpg

vomjid.jpg

sxnfwh.jpg

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I do have to say your mid looks tons better. Dunno what to say about your change in theme, but the ambience is generally nicer.

two things though, you still havn't added trusses below your wooden decks in your first image there!! http://i45.tinypic.com/vpfaqo.jpg

and here: http://i49.tinypic.com/aos86h.jpg that's a lot of wood that is all vertical and the same texture. There are multiple versions of this texture including a damaged one, not to mention other wooden textures that run horizontally. They say "variety is the spice of life" so it'd be wise to add in a couple different textures to reduce visual monotony.

Status
Not open for further replies.