2jbwgnk.jpg

28u2xqo.jpg

5mgu28.jpg

2nn9rq.jpg

2rg2vdv.jpg

ngrivt.jpg

Change Log from RC3 to RC4

-Huge fps boost all over the map.
-Changed the sky/lighting/theme to a brighter sky.
-Added more lights to the map.
-Fixed a ton of playerclipping problems.
-Fixed a bunch of visual glitches throughout the map.
-Added ambient sound to the map.
-Improved Fps using occluders in certain areas of the map.
-Added more detail throughout the map.
-Fixed some displacements issues.
-Fixed the ground at 2nd point.
-Removed the two small ammos at mid.
-Added stairs at the connector at mid to remove the sniper line.
-Redesigned the whole mid because not many people liked it.
-Fixed some props not having collision for players standing on them.
-Added a small ammo pack in the connector at mid.
-Fixed the 2nd forward spawn facing the wrong way. It faces you straight now so you dont have to turn 90 degrees.
-Reworked the far right route to mid making it look like a valley.
-Retextured some of the buildings.
-Raised the middle point to block some of the sniper line.
-Fixed some props casting ugly shadows.
-Changed the health pack at the last connector to a medium health pack.
-Added a small health pack and ammo pack at the connector at mid.
-Fixed some misaligned textures.
-Made the stairs at last into a ramp.
-Added a small health pack in the new valley.
-Changed the rocks on last to fit better the theme of the map.
-Changed the location of the 2nd spawn due to people spawn camping it.
-Opened up the balcony on second point due to second point being hard to defend.
-Reworked some of the buildings throughtout the map.
-Fixed some problems with the doors.
-Reduced the filesize by 5MB.

Thanks to:

-Chang
-Killa
-blight.A Seagull
-Bloodsire -AA-
-CB
-Fishy
-Velkira
-Kankle
-Chud^
-Ratty
-Hobo
-Athletesfoot
-Mountain Dew
-EaggeR
-Zack
-Romeo Love
-Cbear
-Stamjally
-Trautz
-Vahlin
-Grieve
-Truk
-b4nny

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Yeah, mid looks a little... lacking and underdeveloped at some points. Obvious sightlines between doors, and the flat ground makes it uninteresting.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Trains don't make everything better. The control point now looks cramped and coverless, meaning a soldier or demoman can clear the point in a couple of seconds. The only real height on the point is between the trains and the point itself (even though said advantage is rendered useless by a single jump.) I don't see what was wrong with the old middle. And the hazard stripes are stretched.

Jan 20, 2010
At least give him some advice, guys, instead of just saying something is wrong.

I suggest putting a little cover over that midpoint.

Here is my idea, add a hill on the left and right side that goes up to an elevated building. The sides can't be scaled, only where the white stairs are located. You can put partial or full cover on the ceiling, whatever you think is better. I feel this might play better, personally. It'd give the people holding the CP the advantage of height, but the disadvantage of being in a confined area.

SWATYCenter.png

Sep 12, 2008
urlazy.jpg

Seriously man. Make your detailing a bit more exciting: those wall textures are all the same, the props are placed in the map in groups of five, ... I think some people already pointed that out before, though.

Masakari

L1: Registered
May 14, 2008
Well, I can try and play the non-negative Nancy here.

Gave the map a shot last night with about 15-18 people on the server, and most people seemed to like it - myself included! I don't think any of us found the middle point horrendously imbalanced or anything like that - if anything it gave scouts good opportunities to make assaults. As a heavy, I didn't even find travel time between any of the points that bad, and actually managed to do fairly well on the map as a whole.

My biggest disappointment is that the unique look of the map is gone - most people commented on how this map is just slowly turning into a fastlane/granary clone to the point of appearance too (It always did have the feel of fastlane, not saying that it's a bad thing though).

Will try to comment on the map more once I get some playtime in.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
as for me you better stick with an old sky and setting. this one is booring

honeymustard

L9: Fashionable Member
Oct 26, 2009
The edge of the blue house, where you've copied and pasted for the other half, the texture doesn't line up in the middle. And the doors are all backwards, though I'm sure everyone has complained about this already.

Jamster

L1: Registered
Oct 28, 2008
I think it's great that you can see quite well now. Though I have to agree the middle point, something is not right, I mean it's FINE but I think in the last version you had it closer to what seemed "right" for the map.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
ugggg, I cant decide between which sky, Well's sky or badlands'. I kinda like badlands sky. Also, since cevo s5 got delayed, rc5 will be out before cevo starts now.

Well's sky
wqx1ue.jpg

ta0bd5.jpg

4qj815.jpg

Badlands sky

16a2td5.jpg

rrschk.jpg

a3jpxj.jpg

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I personally like the badlands one more as well.

Also, you may want to try to get the center hanging crate changed to one like this:
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=10952

I don't know if that model has an open one, but I'm certain you could talk to him, get his permission, and get someone else to reskin the open one and its pieces with that skin.

Not only would it not make the top part look like blue got it, but it would be something more unique with your map as well, for a small increase in filesize I bet.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Every forum I had seen that you posted on liked the badlands one more XD.

Sky color isn't much of an issue anyways.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
People on commft and gotfrag liked well's sky more and I can see why. Also, the bottom part of the cotainer is pitch black. I made a skin for the cotainer with a neutral color(gray) but the bottom part is black and looks weird.

tag9on.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2008
People on commft and gotfrag liked well's sky more and I can see why. Also, the bottom part of the cotainer is pitch black. I made a skin for the cotainer with a neutral color(gray) but the bottom part is black and looks weird.

Put a wooden panel across the bottom. Make some metal beams that clutch the cargo container and connect with the metal above.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I love the container over the middle point. That pretty much solves my gripes. Good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.