Lets All Do The 100 Push Up Challenge

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
I'm not a fitness instructor, but you might try slowing your pushups down and not "locking" your elbow. A good form push up is equally about the up motion as it is the down motion, and not so much how high you lift yourself. Try pushing up to the point right before your elbow locks, hold for a second, than descend. I think you might get more out of your workout that way too.

It happens to me all the time, regardless of whether I'm doing push ups or not - same with my knees.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Do 'em before bed. I wish I had started on a Monday and that is why I'm sort of "re-starting" my routine. However, just starting the program makes it easier to do it next time. Face the floor mate!
It's not that I'm trying to put it off, it's just that based on how my body feels right now I quite honestly think I had an equal if not bigger workout by shoveling for two hours. Dunno where you live, but 10 inches of moist snow is no small task.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Day 1:
I was supposed to start yesterday, but on sunday I helped my dad's girlfriend move and my arms still hurt from carrying heavy stuff.
Okay, let's doo dees:

Set 1 (10): Dear god. I got tired at four already, but I did it. Whew.
Set 2 (12), first attempt: Collapsed at four. This is tougher than I expected. Took a little break and tried again.
Set 2, second attempt: Three. Fuck. I don't think I can do this right now, but I wouldn't like to quit this easily. Maybe I'll try again later today.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
Finished day 2 yesterday.

20, 25, 15, (Long break due to surprise visit), 15, 25.

Might have to repeat the day since I don't think it counts with a 3 hour break between sets. :(

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
I don't think I can do this right now, but I wouldn't like to quit this easily. Maybe I'll try again later today.
Try stepping it back a notch to Level 2. I suspect you'll have more luck with those reps. Remember, the goal is to just do something and make small gains each day. Don't get discouraged!

Feb 14, 2008
Initial 11, rank 2, I is a weakling

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
did my second day last night

was hard D:

Steff0o

May 31, 2009
I started to use to same schedule for Situps aswel ;)

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
situps have their own routine - it's way easier to do 1 situp compared to 1 pushup

sniprpenguin

Mar 14, 2008
ohgodtheburnwhy

W1 complete. Unlocked Flare Gun.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I started to use to same schedule for Situps aswel ;)
The same people have another program for sit ups. I was thinking about doing both at the same time too, but instead was just going to focus on push ups. I have a big enough belly already, don't wanna add muscle to push it out more =p

Dark

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 27, 2009
I lost track of time and missed Monday
TWO IN A ROW CHALLANGEEEEE!!!

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I lost track of time and missed Monday
TWO IN A ROW CHALLANGEEEEE!!!
Nah, just pick up where you left off. Being that there are only 3 workouts in a week you have four days off anyhow. Instead of doing MWF this week You can do T,Th,Sa and MWF next week. No loss in time and you still are working out every other day.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
i just reached 100 in a row
MShippo3792.jpg

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I wasn't clear but doing 100 push ups isn't actually my GOAL. Sure, it'd be nice to do, but I'm actually more interested in making small life changes and incorporating them into my daily routine. I want to form habits that are healthy and productive.

I understand that other people have different goals, but I hope the other participants can come around to my way of thinking. This isn't about doing an absurd amount of push-ups. Rather, it is a collective effort to improve our bodies over time. Just doing as much as we can on a daily basis is more impressive than doing a lot of something once.

In this respect, I think you missed the point Quakeman. I would encourage you to actually participate sincerely and start the program. If you aren't interested in the program, this thread isn't for you.

EDIT: That said, I'm being lazy today. I'll do my push-ups soon! I swear!

DOUBLE EDIT: To others in this thread: I DO NOT SUGGEST DOING AS MANY PUSH-UPS AS YOU CAN EVERY DAY. I am not a fitness instructor, but I suspect this is only a good way to hurt yourself quickly. My arms feel like jelly after every work-out and taking a day off feels crucial to the health of my muscles.

Last edited:

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Congrats dude. Doing 100 push-ups is an impressive achievement. I hope in six weeks I can actually do it too.