Landfall

CTF landfall rc

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
The visuals in this map really scream channelwood at me.

Not sure if that's what you were going for, but I'm definitely digging it.

As far as gameplay goes, there's this one shack immediately before the flag on the low outdoor path, that you can go in and come out of about 5 feet ahead, it's too short a path to act as a way around defenses, and it never really seems to see any action.

You may want to consider altering it somehow.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Very yes. I love how this looks. But de-blue the fog, please. It made me rub my eyes.

Aug 10, 2009
So, you mentioned today how the mid was a bit hard to regain once a team held it. If I'm on the team holding the mid, and I get hurt or pushed back, I typically head to one of the wood plank bridges for the health and to get on top, or to the medium health pack back at my base, then I can do a jump there that takes me back to the top level, and get back in the fight. A large push will expunge a team from mid, especially in comp imo, but the controlling team sort of bleeds through all the different routes, so I guess the defenders feel circled and just hole in.

Also, for what it's worth I saw most people getting out of the base using the two side routes, not the main.

honorum646

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 9, 2009
You can jump up to here.

ctf_landfall_a90002.jpg

ctf_landfall_a90003.jpg

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
The lighting and fog gave me a migraine.

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
Most of the pushes took place on the right side routes, since there you could have a long range spam fight compared to the main mid route, where often you'd get caught in close range in a tight space with all that spam.

I liked the new balcony, though I mostly saw it being used for mobility purposes.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
You guys already posted about it from the test today, but might as well make a post for the new build.

-------------------
ctf_landfall_a9
-------------------
Gameplay Changes (kind of):
-raised spawn times up a bit.

Layout changes:
-Added a balcony for each team at mid.
-Added back the doorway from to the intel room from the building next to it.
-Added a window looking down the outside path for the defending team from that building.

H-land

L2: Junior Member
Jul 15, 2009
I adore the style that you can feel coming through now that you've added all these massive trees- feels like you've changed the lighting, too. Like I said, I like it.
It feels like you need more healthkits up on the upper path, though, since even as a quick little bunny scout I was having trouble finding any way to heal myself battling a soldier between there and the sawblade room.
Only one other suggestion: When you're coming out of the secondary spawn, make clearly visible an arrow pointing left. Because most people are right handed, people generally tend to go to the right when given a choice of left or right, I do believe, and even as a lefty, I found myself heading the wrong way from spawn there at least once.
And more signage can't really hurt, can it?

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Alpha 10 released. It's exactly the same as what the beta will be (provided no problems arise), except fancy shadows aren't compiled.

-------------------
ctf_landfall_a10
-------------------
Gameplay Changes (kind of):
-raised spawn times a tiny bit
-increased flag return time 5 seconds

Layout changes:
-It's all detailed for the beta!

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
The fog is now lesss abrasive on my eyes, so I suport this 100%.

I also really like how this plays.

As far as detailing, put signs indicating the intel on the wooden signs in the tree, instead of just colored paint patches.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
The smaller trees next to the bigger trees make them feel like parasitic organisms mooching off the giant ones.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Giant trees that will give you dendrophobia because they're so big. Very unassuming indeed.