CP laguna2

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by H-land, Oct 9, 2014.

1. H-land

aa H-land

Positive Ratings:
    So with cp_laguna, the concept was simple: put a control point underwater and base a map around it. It was the first map idea I ever came up with; I simply knew it could be done but hadn't yet been. More than a few attempts were made at creating cp_laguna while I figured out the various reasons why an underwater CP hadn't yet been done. Unfortunately, none of them were made with nearly as much feedback as they needed.

So since cp_laguna's become unsalvageably detailed and complex, and since a fully submerged control point never really worked too well, I decided to try again one last time from the start--and to get proper feedback while the layout was easy to change.

So let's see how that goes.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    Your download link appears to be broken. Leads to a 404.

3. H-land

aa H-land

Positive Ratings:
    It might have still been uploading. My internet's been lousy tonight. Try again?

4. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    SCREENSHOTS PLEASE. Underwater point tho? Interesting.

5. Aman

Aman L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I felt that the underwater point was a pretty neat idea. Although I personally found it somewhat confusing at first. Also under the bridges I found myself getting stuck in the broken fence constantly. I would like to play the map again and get better used to the map and give more useful feedback.

6. TyeZenneth

TyeZenneth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Personally, I'm not too fond about the middle point being in such deep water. Being unable to stand on the point is kind of hampering.

7. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    What is up with those trucks?

Underwater, the gameplay and balance are completely different. For example, look at 2fort, or even the tiny little pond in koth_lakeside. They completely change gameplay around them, and introduce new, non-standard strategies to the map.

Engineers tend to be OP underwater, since they can stay there forever w/ dispensers, teleporters are hard to notice there, and sentries... well, are OP as well.
    Water makes pyro's weak unless they have the neon sign. (<- and then they become powerful and mostly annoying)
    But still it may work. I didn't play the map. Just consider these things.
    (There was some decent underwater map I remember playing. koth_watertower? koth_roundwater? I think Crash made it, and it was kind of balanced).

8. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
  9. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    No. Never seen this one before. I reffered to the april fools day map, which had a cp on an elevator machinery, which got lowered down into the water once capped. There is no thread for it. You can download April Fools packs, bot I don't remember which one it is in.

10. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    koth_flood?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    koth_aquapump?

12. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Aquapump, yes. And I want to personally apologize to H-land for me causing his thread to turn into what it is now :)