Koth_One

KotH Koth_One a23

NoT2BaD

Mom, I accidentally carved a hollow sphere again!
Jul 18, 2015
Before i say anything ,the map is not bad or anything but i feel like it misses a gimic-a good idea behind it so as to distinguish it among all the other koth maps.
of course like i said i dont want to "attack" the map, quite the opposite, I would like to help the map Improve somehow in the future.
If i had to suggest something i would say : either go with a not so common theme for this map for example ( snow theme - seaside etc )
or add something to the existing map. such as a platform moving , or a entirely original layout for mid or something similar. some maps use some props to either advantage as well so you could keep in mind that.
I hope i helped you and good luck with your map ;)

i appreciate the ideas. a9 adds some cover to point, and ive been thinking about some kind of gantryway or crane stretched between the buildings either side of point, with a platform hanging from it. as far as theme, when i recieved this map it was very barnyard themed, but ive changed it to be closer to process/reckoner/powerhouse/onsen (sulfur) as i really like the clean flat concrete with colored bands here and there. ill be saving most of the theming tho for when i move into beta

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
Been a while hasnt it? I took *quite* a break from tf2, and have regained my love for the game. One has always been the map I've felt has had the most potential, and after sending it to b4nny, having him love it, and gaining the attention of other comp map makers, ive decided to revive and really push on this map. Ill be balancing for both 6s and pubs, and hope to update pretty regularly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
Ran some 6v6 tests with rgl players and made the following changes
  • (+) The bridge is back! The pipe truss structure that spans point has been reimplemented, but this time it's moved up by a couple hundred (?) hammer units, and the top has been clipped off
  • (+) There is now a shutter door in place of what used to just be a dumptruck in the road, making spawn more segmented from yard
  • (+)Widened point area to allow more room to move on point and to make it easier to push into/out of mid
  • (+)All doors have been widened and made taller to hopefully alleviate spammy/meat grinder hallways
  • (+)New cover on point to allow for more height variation, as well as two platforms either side of point
  • (+)Fixed an issue allowing engineers to build in spawn (+)Added a divider near the pipes in front of spawn to hopefully slow the 5 second soldier rollout
  • (+)Added a door between the red and blu sides of the area behind point
  • (+)Adjusted health placement below point
  • (+/-)Added cover to the pocket areas behind point in an effort to fix a potentially problematic sniper sightline. As a result, the boards going from pocket to point have been removed, but the gap has been shortened, ensuring that even a heavy can make the jump to point.
  • (+)Props being used for inaccessible shutters have been removed and replaced with brushes showing the "no entry" symbol
  • (+) Minor detailing work
  • (+) Minor performance improvements via func_areaportals and func_details
    a13_1.jpg
    a13_2.jpg
    a13_3.jpg
    a13_4.jpg
    a13_5.jpg
    a13_6.jpg
    a13_7.jpg
    a13_8.jpg
    a13_9.jpg
    a13_10.jpg

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
A14 Changelog
  • (+) added health in window room near door
  • (+) clipped doorways to prevent players from getting stuck on them
  • (+) widened main route to encourage more players to take it, shortened building just outside spawn to maintain yard size
  • (+) added a rock and tractor trailer to yard to add more height variation and provide cover
  • (+) added a window to the geometry in main street to provide more visibility
  • (+) squared off the top of the cover on point to give soldiers and demos a place to stand
  • (-) reverted awnings over windows to just a single awning
  • (-) removed orange awning over double door near point
  • (-) removed the shutter in overpass
pictures of changes coming soon

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
Lots of changes!
  • (+) changed truck in yard to be easier to navigate and added angled pallets to prevent it from impeding flow
  • (+) changed cover on point to not give soldiers as much room to hold highground
  • (+) added a 3rd small exit from spawn that leads from near shutter to garage in yard
  • (+) added a small u shaped halway in overpass that allows transition from red to blu side without being a straight easy shot
  • (-) removed medium health in window room near point
  • (+/-) changed position of health in hallway after yard to make it slightly more risky to get
  • (-) medium pack under point is now small
  • (+) adjusted doorways in the building before yard to block a sightline created by moving the truck)

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
  • removed the orange awning over dogbread
  • replaced the cover walls in pocket with glass/metal better looking ones
  • custom skybox and lighting added
  • lots of lighting throughout the map added to keep visibility
  • above two changes are subject to change, as the map is being developed for 6s, and quick player/team identification is key
  • clipped a problem corner in main
  • changed truck in main for 2 urban shipping containers to keep players from getting stuck
  • raised the slanted roof near point to limit scout's mobility
  • texture changes throughout to convey a better theme for the map

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
  • Widened point area in the same axes as the truss above point
  • raised pipe truss above point even higher and raised skybox height
  • changed up the ramp to point slightly
  • redid pit area below point
  • changed boards connecting to point for pipes
  • changed skybox and env_sun to stop red from getting blinded
  • slight changes to detail areas around the map
  • fixed/cleaned up some nonsensical brush work

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
It's worth noting that your filesize of 57 MB is going to hurt playtesting, as players will spend a long time downloading the map. The first round or two of testing will have lower playercounts because people are still downloading. I would recommend a max of 15-20 MB for alphas, less if you can manage.

If you aren't already, repack your map. If you are repacking and filesizes are still this large, please remove nonessential custom content.

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
a18! lots of detailing, with a splash of gameplay
  • raised point area and pocket areas either side of the green stripe building to all be the same height
  • doing so has made under point lower, and added a second elevation change to the ramps in main
  • dogbread cubby is now slightly sunken in
  • the flood lights above dogbread can now be stood on
  • spawn has changed slightly in detail
  • the shutter side spawn exit is now a smaller platform with stairs, and shed has been removed
  • retaining walls on either side of spawn added for detail to give the map a sunken in look

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
trying to give the map more of an identity this update as well as make buildings more distinct from eachother

+texturing/small amounts of detailing
+the glass walls at mid and the window in the geo building are now one way
+building from geo to ramp is now longer, and as a consequence ramp is now shorter
+Pillars have been added in window room and geo to block sightlines
+diagonal wall added to window room building to make jumping around it easier

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
Major change up for a21, map has been changed from mirror to rotation symmetry, and an additional route has been added from the large geo building to the area near where ramp used to be around the outside of the building.

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
Been a while, but we're back with another update!
+Map is beginning to get its identity solidified
+changed some hallways/corridors near point to be less corridor-y
-removed/closed off some doorways and windows to encourage different routes to be taken
-Swapped the positions of the large cover on point

NoT2BaD

Jul 18, 2015
Its been a long time since the last update, mostly because my schedule has gotten crazy with work and school. Updates will continue to come, but dont expect them too frequently.

Changelog
Changed the side building for a much stubbier one and modified the patio area
changed the small health packs in the garages at point to medium ones
added a medium ammo pack at the patio area
moved the health in the window hall to the window
moved the health outside servers to inside servers
added a sight blocker/geo to the top of servers