CP Junction but Medieval

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by LeSwordfish, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think it's as fun as Turbo's 72 hour map. The capture points are particularly very cramped, which doesn't work great when you have six people all trying to melee each other.

That said, I think with some minor layout changes, this could work. Open up the points (make B larger and maybe remove the walls around C? idk) and also maybe remove the shutters. Also consider scaling the entire map up a little bit so it feels less cramped.

2. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    IMO if you're actually going to think about redoing it as a dungeon (don't, finish Crusoe instead please) I'd keep it the same size but opening the points up would probably still be wise to some degree.

3. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    If it's cramped in medieval I can't see simple changes making it work. It's a novel idea though. Who would have thought junction was so small even medieval feels cramped...

4. Muddy

aa Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Some people just have an aversion to fun. I enjoyed it, personally.

Also I noticed that some people didn't realise that it was a test, and were complaining that we were "just playing Junction". So, eh.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs

Positive Ratings:
    I don't usually bump, but could you reupload this? I think I'd be perfect for the upcoming April Fools event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I'd completely forgotten about this. I don't think I ever got to play it.

7. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I can't find it in my maps file, which suggests it lost it a year or so back in a drive crash. Literally all I did was throw some torches and the Medieval entities into the decompiled VMF, so anyone who wanted to recreate it could do as good a job as me in about half an hour.

8. Scampi

Scampi L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What's the status on this, forgotten? If so, I'd love to transform junction into a Quake1-style dungeon.

9. Heronherald

Heronherald L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, Swordfish, you if you happen to make an artpass, you should make it open air. It would be so different from the tight, claustrophobic feel of junction

10. G.bo

G.bo L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Man, medieval mode doesn't get enough credit. I mean, yeah, Degroot is like the only in game map, and there's like no servers anywhere in the world dedicated to medieval custom maps, but I feel like if we had another sort of "Ye Olde Workshop" content contest, we might see more servers popularizing it.

11. Scampi

Positive Ratings:
    Yesterday I detailed B in the medieval theme just to see what it could look like:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. G.bo

G.bo L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You mad man, you've done it.

13. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs

Positive Ratings:
    Mind if I collab with you? I started working on a medieval edit on Junction a few months ago, but it didn't get very far.

I was planning on making A and C outdoors, for one. Also, since I was hoping to have it done for halloween, I planned to add a bottomless deathpit on A.

14. Scampi

Positive Ratings:
    This sounds like a good idea to me! I was originally going to make the whole map set underground (if I was even going to continue), as I love subterranean themes, but having outdoor areas would probably help towards making the map feel less claustrophobic. If you do A and C, I could do spawns and some connectors. I guess we'll just see how this plays out in turns of who details what.

15. Kobolite

aa Kobolite doing nothing interesting most of the time

Positive Ratings:
    I feel like you took inspiration from different catacombs from the dark souls games

16. Scampi

Positive Ratings:
    Have a look at the big HP kit near point C on cp_chateau_event for your answer!

17. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Its entirely forgotten yeah. Go ahead and make your own

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Scampi

Positive Ratings:
    upload_2018-9-18_1-54-25.png
    upload_2018-9-18_1-54-52.png
    upload_2018-9-18_1-55-16.png
    upload_2018-9-18_1-55-33.png
    Those tiny things below the saw blade are my attempts at a chest. I just can't resize the liquor locker chest models! If I change it to literally any other prop it scales properly, it only fails on the one prop I need to work right now. Need help!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kobolite

aa Kobolite doing nothing interesting most of the time

Positive Ratings:
    It’s nice but there are too many water drips

20. VasyaTheWizard

VasyaTheWizard L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I could make a bigger prop version of the Liquor Locker if you need one!