Cp_Intrusion

CP Intrusion a6

Jul 6, 2015
Changes:
A:
- Detailing and major overhaul for changes on the inside of A
- Trap door is now functional, it is a slow-ish door that has a full HP pack on it. (risk/reward situation)
- Sightline Un-Nerf'd (to an extent)
B:
- Added a new flank option on capping B in the area that the boulder opens
- Covered up the death pit, BUT it does get opened by the boulder and is still in affect after B is capped.
- Split the 1 giant board the boulder smashes into 4 smaller ones so you can better see the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
I don't think it got imped on EU. I remember that there was one map that didn't get imped, but that Mudpie said she'd start the next imp with it

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
We did manage to imp this map in the end. I found it curious that despite this being a linear Attack/Defend CP map, Red team were given directions to all three of the capture points and could easily access them all at any point in the round (this might have been the case with Blue as well, but I didn't get the chance to play offence so idk). This is... pretty much the opposite of what "linear" means. Each capture point should only be accessible from the next/previous point (so A to B is fine, but A to C is not).

Also you should really clip off that roof at last (you know the one I mean), or at least place a func_nobuild on it (I'm sure you'll get away with it since it's at a slope) because if an Engineer sets up a nest up there then there's about nothing attackers can do about it...

Last edited:

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
I hope you have more dynamic elements than death traps in a3

Jul 6, 2015
Yes that evil map with the rediculous death pit and lack of forward spawn is back!
Changelog:
- Cleaned up areas on A
- Detailed areas more likely to stay in the layout (partially as to represent what they will be in full detail)
- Fixed the doors, Both by reds spawn door that leads into the boulder ally on C, and the spawn door on A (BLU's initial spawn) that was refusing to open.
- Added Forward Spawn for BLU upon capping A (Location EXTREME subject to change, were experimenting)
- Fixed lighting, built cubemaps for areas that needed them
- Added to the pit: A small beam that isnt destroyed by the boulder, and a meduim HP kit spawns on top of it. (Extremly subject to change, again were experimenting)
- Nobuilded the pit, and the death trap on A. (Thanks Darren, Engineers are evil)
- Added onto the existing right flank route from B > C
- Changed textures to brighter in certain areas, for consistancy and brightness
- Fixed 'make shift' lighting in areas were lighting was choppy or lacking
- Moved HP/Ammo around, as well as changed some from small to meduim and vise versa. (Most present on A)
- Added large displacement on A to block sightlines, in front of trap.

Jul 6, 2015
a4 is going to have some MAJOR layout changes for the terrible a > b connector.
and the Boulder trap is staying. Deal with it.
Also Im going to make a use for that horrible door on floor death trap with full ammo/hp on it people keep complaining about.

frozenpandaman

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2015
I like the concept and design! Some notes:
  • You can get stuck on this door handle (screenshot)
  • Overlapping textures at the health pack trap by A (screenshot)
  • Boulder seems to kill people near the zone, not just within the marked skull-and-crossbones area
  • Consistency-wise, some openable gates look like this, others like this
  • All points seem to capture very fast (too fast, imo)

Jul 6, 2015
I like the concept and design! Some notes:
  • You can get stuck on this door handle (screenshot)
  • Overlapping textures at the health pack trap by A (screenshot)
  • Boulder seems to kill people near the zone, not just within the marked skull-and-crossbones area
  • Consistency-wise, some openable gates look like this, others like this
  • All points seem to capture very fast (too fast, imo)
Thank you for the feedback, i knew about the texture glitch.
A4 is very close with a brand new A > B connector.

Jul 6, 2015
This is the largest update for this map since its release!
Change log will be big
Overall Map:
- Added area portals
- Built a few more cubemaps
A:
- Detailed outside area, and added festive lights to the inside of A spawn
- Added a warning for the B cap event upon capping A
- Detailed inside of A
- Added a forward spawn for BLU upon capping A
- Moved various HP/AMMO packs around
- Added a MAJOR new connector for A > B
B:
- Added a MAJOR new connector for A > B
- Detailed A > B connector
- Red forward spawn, that should convert to a BLU forward spawn upon capping B
- Detailed existing B > C connector
- Added 3 routes to B
- Detailed B
C:
- Mostly detailed this cap, added better signage

Jul 6, 2015
Half bump, half question:
Has this map been imp'd? I put a4 on the imp list, and cp_blizzard another contest map, were both on the imp list when I last checked. Can admins place take priority over contest maps? Theres less than a month left, and having to wait 4-5 days for feedback is terrible for a closing contest.
Edit:
On that note, all feedback is welcome, so please feel free to download the map and tear it apart piece by piece. :)

Jul 6, 2015
Its going to be me posting here alone until this map is out of alpha isn't it?
Anyway, thank you for the feedback during the imp, it will be very helpful as we are already fixing up areas, adjusting signs, and might be adding a new dynamic event upon capping A.
A few more changes will be small flank additions to make C less dustbowl-ee... (chokey)
Edit:
Also, I understand the need to explain a point while making feedback, but extra comments like 'what is this some kind of cartoon?'
are not productive or helpful. Though that specific example did have helpful feedback before that statement, please refrain from leaving useless feedback that just sounds more like an insult than a suggestion.

Last edited: