If We Could Be Serious For a Moment...

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
... though to be honest I feel kind of guilty wearing them, like I'm trying to show off or something.

Anyone else feeling that way?
Wear them proudly! For these hats are a sign of a true gentleman of charity and good will.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
though to be honest I feel kind of guilty wearing them, like I'm trying to show off or something.

Anyone else feeling that way?

Nope. I have a Monarch. I've had 2 people say thanks for the generousity, and one who wants to "suck my dick".

I'm with REEJ, I wear mine proudly, showing that I helped.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Really, no-one should be angry at you for wearing a hat you bought to help people in need. Unless they are trolls.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I bought the $30 bundle with the two cheaper hats and the noisemakers. I'd get the $100 one, too, but I'm trying to save up so can't really justify it right now.

I'm too cynical to believe it'll happen, but it's nice to imagine that some family might get to eat for a couple of days because I bought a couple of hats.

Kep

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Even if you buy the hat to show it off, you're still donating, so it works in favour for both collectors and people who actually care about donating.

I'm quite poor at the moment so I'll probably either get the $7 hat or the $19 one.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Oh my god I love the headband...

I still think key purchases should support disaster relief as well. That would work.

Last edited:

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
They earn too much from keys, they'll never do that.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Not like they have enough already

Dn2mW.jpg

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
Even if you buy the hat to show it off, you're still donating, so it works in favour for both collectors and people who actually care about donating
That's why the whole idea is brilliant, there will be a bunch of people who will only care about a hat but still they contribute just as much to the righteous cause

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

That makes it sound like a good reason to me. If you earn a lot then you have more disposable income so you're more likely to donate, right?

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
That makes it sound like a good reason to me. If you earn a lot then you have more disposable income so you're more likely to donate, right?

Annnnd that's the point of capitalism. Exactly why I could care less what valve does with their money from keys. Hell they could smoke 'em like cigars and I'd still thumbs up it.

Wear them proudly! For these hats are a sign of a true gentleman of charity and good will.

I was thinking about it last night and at work, and that's pretty much the same conclusion I came to. On top of that, it encourages more people to donate as well. I'd love to see a few server events that require you to have a charity hat equipped while they're still on sale. Would make for another good motivation to donate, even if it's a small sum.